cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My work laptop kills the wifi connection of entire house

Sanwal
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

I been facing this frustrating problems since few weeks now. The issue is that when I connect my work laptop with wifi it kills the wifi altogether and internet stops working on all the devices that are connected to my Talk Talk wifi. Moment I disconnect my work laptop, everything comes back to normal. Sometimes the internet crashes instantly as I connect my work laptop, sometimes it crashes after few mins/hrs. Does anyone have a solution for this? 

If Talk Talk is unable to fix this, I might have to switch to some other service provider.

Sanwal
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Sanwal,

Do you know if all devices are actually lose wireless connectivity to your router or is it just connectivity to the Internet?

What actually happen when you lose connectivity, do you get an error message?

Chris

0 Likes

Sanwal
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Yes  I have tried connecting to other people wifi and it works fine. It even works fine on the mobile data

Sanwal
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Sanwal

This does sound like a potential issue with the laptop if all other devices work ok once the laptop is removed.

Have you tried using your laptop on a different connection? Do you experience the same issue?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

My first reaction is that there are some settings in your work laptop that may be causing issues with your TalkTalk service, rather than vice-versa. Have you contacted your IT people for advice? 

0 Likes