cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Broadband

andersaufderhorst
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I have been signed up to talk talk for 5 days, have received and installed the router and have been told my connection is live but I have no internet.  Frustratingly, every time I speak to a talk talk representative they insist we go through the same series of checks and then inform my I need a new router.  I have been told a new router is on the way but have received not router and no acknowledgement of the problem by email. It would be nice to have someone at talk talk at least acknowledge that there is a problem. 

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi andersaufderhorst,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - March 16 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi CateM1,

Welcome to the Community

As Gliwmaeden2 has asked, can you please start your own thread and update your profile and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

Please start your own thread, @CateM1. Staff only reply to the original poster. 

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also, complete your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

CateM1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

I'm having the exact same problem, new customer, all the router does is flash blue white, very annoyed as my previous provider worked fine. please can someone contact me

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi andersaufderhorst,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi andersaufderhorst

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

andersaufderhorst
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Dear Debbie,

Yes, please arrange this as a matter of urgency.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi andersaufderhorst

Thanks for confirming this.

The next step will be an engineer visit to the property. Would you like me to arrange this visit for you?

0 Likes

andersaufderhorst
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Dear Debbie,

Thanks for the reply.  Indeed, my last two discussions with your colleagues also did not detect any line faults.  To answer your questions:

1) The router appears to be a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub Black. I am a new customer and this was sent to me in the last week.  There is no model number on the router or packaging
2) The router is now connected to the test socket.  It was not connected there previously but I have now done so and I still do not have broadband. 
3) Here is a photo of the back of the router:
PXL_20220314_171728583.jpg

I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi andersaufderhorst

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any line faults.

Can I just check, which router do you currently have? (make and model)

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Would it be possible to post a photo of the back of your router (where the cables are connected) on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

I'm afraid that staff are not on the forum at weekends, @andersaufderhorst, so it will be Monday at the earliest before you hear back. 

Thanks for completing your community forum profile details, as that does mean that they can get on with checking things immediately they reach your post. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes