cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

POWERLINE ADAPTOR ISSUES

moorlander
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 22

I was supplied with a DLINK DHP-W610AV power line adaptor/wifi extender kit  by Talktalk when I renewed my contract last year and despite many hours of trying to get them to pair and run on my existing D-LINK DHP-P326AV power line home network I put them away and forgot about them until earlier today....I need to extend my wifi into an outbuilding in my garden which is on separate mains circuit so the existing adaptors would not work so I thought I would use the wifi extender in the kitchen to send my wifi signal into the garden...Many hours later the ''new'' wifi extender kit would only connect at slow speeds with a red light showing on the extender ...network speed indicator ...So I removed all the existing older white Talktalk dlink adaptors and fitted the ''new'' adaptor and extender and all the lights went green...yet as soon as I put the older TT dlinks back in the light went red...

Are the older TT adaptors compatible with the newer DHP-W610AV  dlink adaptors / wifi extenders ?

thanks in advance .

Surfing from The Independent Republic of Yorkshire
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 21 of 22

Hi moorlander

Can I just check, have you had a look at this help page? Fix a problem with your Wi-Fi Extender Kit - TalkTalk Help & Support

The older adapters should work ok with the new ones.

0 Likes