cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Phone Not connecting to wifi…keeps on 4G

Cici91
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi i was wondering if someone can help? for about 2 hours now my internet on my iPhone has been on 4G, i went into settings to connect back to my Wifi, i do, it says I’m connected in my settings but it’s showing as 4G on the top corner of my screen, so I checked my router and the light is white so that means it’s working but still no connection, my settings is saying it’s connected to wifi but as i said at the top corner it’s says it’s connected to 4G, i went to my talk talk account to run a connection test and it came back as everything is fine? I forgot network and reconnected on my phone…that didn’t work. Is anyone else having this issue? I’ve never had this problem before.

any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hello,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

When you are connected to your Wi-Fi, you will see the appropriate symbol to indicate this (it will depend on the phone OS as to what this looks like. The 4G, when connected, is showing the data capabilities of your mobile connection. Normally most phones when connected like this, will use WiFi and not mobile data.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Cici91

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes