cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Problem between the exchange and your home

taywarrr
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi.

The internet has always run perfectly for me on ethernet for years, never above 15 MS in game and always getting around 45mbs download when I ran speed tests, but for the past week the internet has gone mad, being completely inconsistent sometimes 1000ping in games most of the time 100-300. Every speed test is 9mbs download.

When I ran a official test on talk talk website it detected a problem with the line and they said they will send an engineer over which would be tommorow or wednesday apparently. I'm just wondering what does this mean and is there any fix I could do at home? I've tried resetting the router, unplugging it for an hour etc.

Thanks for any help

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi taywarrr

I'm really sorry about this.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults and the line is in sync at 51mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

veryslowinternet.png

No it's not fixed not at all.

3 Mb download 43 ping on an ethernet connection with 1 person using the internet..is this a joke?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi taywarrr

Openreach have advised that this fault should be resolved - Engineer has resolved the fault located in the overhead network.

Is this working ok now?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi taywarrr

Openreach have escalated this fault as we haven't received any further updates. Apologies for this.

I will keep monitoring for updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Okay thanks, internet still completley unusable for over a week now. Really frustrating. Thanks for the update really hoping it's fixed today.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi taywarrr

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers. I will check on this fault again later this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi taywarrr

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been escalated back to Openreach as a repeat fault and will be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi.

Says an egineer recently done repair work but the connection is still just as bad, the text did say it might takes a few days to adjust but seen absolutely no improvement since it had repair works yesterday.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi,

I can see that the line test has detected a potential line fault. If you don't hear anymore in the next 24hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Updated

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes