cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

sagamcom 4241 router faulty

frank
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

My Sagamcom 5364 router failed yesterday.  the router will not power up and when I checked the 12V supply from its power supply it measured 0 Volts. I purchased a replacement power supply which worked for about an hour and then it failed. At present I have no broadband except via my smartphone.  The router is faulty, drawing excessive current and killing power supplies. Please replace the Router.

Frank

Frank
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Frank

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi Chris/Debbie,

Second replacement router arrived, was installed and is working fine. I plugged it in and it connected to line FTTC within seconds. Seems to be performing well and i will do some tests in a day or so when it has settled down.

I have packed and returned the two faulty routers by Royal Mail.

Thank you for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Frank

Frank

Message 3 of 18

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Message 4 of 18

Hi Chris,

Thank you. I await in hope!

Thanks,

Frank

Frank
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Hi Frank,

I've ordered another router, it should be with you within a couple of days

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

frank
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Debbie,

Yes, I did try a 10 second reset, to no avail. When I switch on the new replacement router it blinks on and off an orange light at a fairly fast rate. After about 30 seconds a white LED comes on for about 20 Seconds. The white LED then goes out and the slower flashing orange LED starts to flash. Nothing else then happens even when the router is left connected for some hours. When I connect my old DLink router it connects to my FTTC service in about a minute and gives a reasonable 60MBits down load speed. 

Any Thoughts?

Frank

Frank
0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Frank

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Good Evening Debbie,

I appreciate that you will not see this post until Monday so look forward to a response then. As described in my previous post the replacement modem will not connect to my FTTC connection despite lots of reboots and a reset. I have replaced it, on a temporary basis I hope , with my old TalkTalk Dlink DSL-3742 Super Router and all is working again. It would appear that the replacement modem you sent is faulty.  I,m not sure it was a new router as the box seals were not intact!

At present the Dlink router is on line but I can connect the new (to me) modem for testing at any time.

I may have to revoke my compliment on customer   service if this debacle continues. It took 5 days for the replacement modem to arrive and I have been off line for almost a week.  Not great for home working.

Regards,

Frank

Frank
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 18

@frank, forum staff won't be back before Monday. 

For urgent support, Chat is available here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Phone for help: 03451 720046 or 03451 720088. Not available Sunday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

frank
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Hi Debbie.

My new Router arrived about an hour ago. It has powered up ok but will not sync to my line feed from the cabinet. Phone line is fine but it looks like i have been disconnected from my feed to the cabinet fibre from the exchange. please check. Modem is connected as previous and has permanent blinking orange light.

Frank

Frank
0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Frank

Thank you for your kind words 🙂

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Debbie,

Thank you for despatching a replacement router so promptly. I look forward to installing and testing it. I will revert with performance data when I use it.

Excellent customer service. 

Regards,

Frank

Frank

Message 13 of 18

Hi Frank

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

GM again Debbie,

Profile amended, I think!

Regards,

Frank

Frank

Message 15 of 18

Hi Frank

I've edited your post to remove your landline number, please can you add this to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 16 of 18

Debbie,

Thank you for your prompt response. My Landline number is REMOVED

I will try to amend my profile. Please treat this request as urgent as I am trying to work from home and it is difficult without broadband.

Thank you,

Frank

Frank
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Hi Frank

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes