cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router keeps restarting

Rowdenaro
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 22

My router keeps restarting itself. Engineer has visited house and confirmed no issues with line. We both believe that the router itself is the problem and should be replaced. The problem is I cannot get Talk Talk customer support to understand this. They are treating this issue as if the wifi signal is dropping out and can be resolved by adding a microfilter to the line. Can someone from Talk Talk please respond to this and explain how I can escalate this

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22
0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

At least I'm getting loads of Talk Talk badges out of this 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Oh ok. I shared a picture of the logs from teh router earlier. Does that give any clues?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

Unfortunately we can't do this for Fibre connections. DLM monitors the line adjusts the profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Just found this post with someone who seemed to be having a similar problem. Is it worth trying this...

I'm sorry for the delay. The SNR looks like it might be dropping too low which can affect the stability and speed so I've optimised the connection now and the SNR has increased. Could you let us know if their is any improvement in stability please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22

And now it's gone off again

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Here's the latest page of logs if that helps  

Rowdenaro_0-1664966133974.png

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

I would like an engineer to visit asap please. We have had two engineers visit us so far about this problem. One replaced the socket and the other thought the router was to blame. Can I have some assurence that that next engineer will dig a bit deeper into this in order to resolve this please? Surely the error logs on the router may shed more light on this. But the last engineer said they didn't look at these. The router is offline by the way

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

Apologies, the line test is now clear but was showing a potential issue when Michelle ran the test earlier.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to investigate further?

0 Likes

Rowdenaro
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 22

Update - it's gone again

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Michelle. Thanks for getting back to me. We no longer have a phone connected to the socket but we didn't have any issues with it in the past. We seem to be back online now but as I said, it has dropped several times today. And by dropping out I don't just mean the wifi signal. It's like the router is resetting itself which means each time this happens it takes around 5 minutes to get back online again

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've re-run the line test which is detecting a potential fault. Can I just confirm before we pass this over for investigation, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or is it just the broadband connection which is affected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Debbie

I have recieved my replacement router. I set it up yesterday and it worked fine for the rest of the day. Unfortuanetly today it has dropped out several times causing serious disruption to my partner who is working from home. Can you please advise

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

Have you received the replacement router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

Message 18 of 22

Many thanks Debbie

Message 19 of 22

Hi Rowdenaro

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 20 of 22

Thanks Chris. I have done that now