cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TalkTalk Hub & Ethernet

b34thomas
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Hi all, 

My internet went down for 5 minutes today so I turned the wifi hub off and back on again. Since then all 4 ethernet ports are down (wifi is working fine though). 

Have tried all the usual things, factory reset, turn off and wait 30 minutes, replaced cables and have tried other devices and nothing is working. The TT service centre says the hubs firmware is up to date. It's the standard talk talk hub (not the black model) and it's about a year old. Have gone into admin settings for the hub and it shows all 4 ports as 'down'. 

Does anyone have any ideas? Support have said they will send out a replacement router but its not due to arrive for another 5 days and have lots of work zoom calls etc in the interim (can't use the TT router as it doesn't stretch to my office, so rely on an extender which is one of the 4 ethernet devices).

Many thanks!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi b34thomas

Apologies, we can't expedite the routers.

Routers can be delivered on a Saturday, I have had customers on the Community confirm that they received routers on a Saturday.

Thanks

Message 2 of 11

Thanks so much Debbie, the support agent I've been speaking to on chat is still insisting that Saturday deliveries aren't possible and that it will arrive on Tuesday. Is there any way you can expedite this on your side as you are being much more helpful than the chat agents! Many thanks

Message 3 of 11

Hi b34thomas

Yes they can be delivered on Saturdays.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thank you Debbie, I think I read on one of the help pages that TT only delivers Mon-Fri, so is a Saturday delivery a possibility now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi b34thomas

When I order a router I normally advise 24-48hrs as they usually arrive quite quickly. 

I would say it should be there tomorrow or Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Debbie, I spoke to them last night and they said it would take 3 business days, so assuming it would be dispatched today it will arrive on Tuesday, thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi b34thomas

When did you speak to our Faults Team? All router orders usually take 48hrs so it may be delivered tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Thank you Debbie, is there anyway of upgrading this delivery so that it can be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow? I'm happy to pay any shipping surcharge. Many thanks!

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi b34thomas

I'm sorry to hear this.

If our Faults Team have already ordered you a router then you should receive this within 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi @b34thomas,

If a factory reset hasn't fixed it then it does sound like a fault has developed with the router.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk staff on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

If the staff here on the community send out a new router it tends to arrive within 1 or 2 days, but they do say to allow 5 days for delivery, so maybe the support team have just said 5 days to cover themselves, and it may be much sooner, but the staff here on the community may be able to check to see if a router has been despatched to you.