cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Talktalk and Cloudflare

Masterfrodo13
Participant
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Yesterday I migrated my website and email to Cloudflare DNS servers. Since then I have been unable to access either my website or my emails when at home, using Talktalk. I can access them on my phone, using 4G, and I can access them both away from home on other wifi's. 

So what's going on? I have switched off the router at home for 30mins, with the hope that Talktalk would start a new ISP session, but still no luck.

My website is www.pr4photos.co.uk if anyone would like to see if they can access it on their Talktalk wifi.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 21 of 26

Strange. I can't imagine the router preserving its DNS cache when powered off. It seems more likely Talktalk have multiple DNS servers and they are not all in sync.

Message 22 of 26

Yes, I have done a DNS flush of my mac. It has to be to do with the router DNS because I can use my iphone on 4G at home and it connects to the website and my email. And if I use the iphone at a friends house on their wifi, it works fine. But at home, if I connect my iphone to the wifi, I get the same result as the mac

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

Have you tried flushing the DNS cache of the device you are using? On Windows ipconfig /flushdns.

0 Likes

Masterfrodo13
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 26

Thank you. I've been told it's probably the DNS that needs flushing by Talktalk. And that switching off the router for 1/2hr should do it. It didn't. So will probably switch it later and leave it off overnight, and hopefully that will solve the issue.

0 Likes

nophead
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Yes I can see that Website from my Talktalk wifi.