cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Lack of speed - again

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Speed tests from the devices that are connected to my TalkTalk Wi-Fi Extender have dropped yet again to less than 3 or 4 Mbps download and less than 2 Mbps upload which is obviously unnaceptable. They are only close to sync speed when connected to the Sagemcom router and to get good speeds I have to connect to the Ethernet port of the Extender.

This is a recurring problem which I have had for a long time and your solution has been to send me 4 or 5 replacement sets of extenders. Even then I have had to repeatedly turn them off and back on again when speeds have fluctuated. I do not know if this is a firmware fault or a  physical fault with all the extenders.

I have had my network checked out for Wi-Fi interference in the past and there is nothing of any consequence. The devices it affects are all in the same room as the extender so distance is not the issue.

Is there a later version of firmware that fixes the problem? Another extender, whilst welcome, just seems like a waste of your time and money. Alternatively, is there anything else that might be of help with this issue please?

Silvergirl
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @silvergirl

I've just sent you a PM.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Sorry, do you mean without the extender? Without the router I would have no Internet. If I disconnect the extender the speeds are much lower because I have to connect to the router downstairs. The speeds are constant then but dreadfully low.

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried temporarily testing without the wireless adapter just to see how the speed compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

silvergirl
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi Michelle,

That must have been when I had to turn the router on and off a few times because I had decorators in.

I still think that because the speed tests are close to the router's sync speed when devices are connected to the router, it has to be an extender issue.

Silvergirl
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that the connection was unstable for one day and the sync speed also dropped. Has the set up changed at all over the last few days. Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes