cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Unable to forward ports 80 and 433 on DG8041W router provided

tntweb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I am unable to forward ports 80 and 433 on the TalkTalk DG8041W router provided when I last upgraded my contract.  This worked fine on my previous router.

All attempts give an error "the configured port conflicts with the internal service port".

Searches of this forum imply that it is not possible and a firmware upgrade is required or a different router is required.  However most of the forum posts are a few years old.

Can some one explain how to configure this router or can TalkTalk please send me a router on which this is possible.

I need to access my home webserver and using different port numbers is not an option.

Nick Turner
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Many thanks - I will let you know if it solves the problem.

Nick Turner

Message 3 of 11

Hi tntweb

The router is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 4 of 11

Hi, if that is the hub that fixes this problem then I am more than happy for you to arrange this.

Nick Turner

Message 5 of 11

Hi tntweb

Thank you 🙂

I think we should send a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing. Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Details added to profile - many thanks

Nick Turner

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 11

One of the mods or community stars will see this and move things forward.

Make sure your community profile is complete so that your profile can be tied in with your broadband account.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes

tntweb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for that information. I thought it might be a case that a new router would be needed.  Seems silly that the Huawie doesn't allow the user to run their own webservers which would seem to be a very common requirement.

How/who do I have to ask in order to get a different Sagemcom router?

Nick Turner
0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Ports 80, 443, 22, 23 & 53 are restricted on the Huawei router, so if you need to, say,  download certificates from 'Lets Encrypt' which only works through port 80, you're stuck.

If you ask nicely, a mod will likely replace your Huawei with a Sagemcom, which doesn't have that problem.

Note that the Sagemcom doesn't support NAT Loopback (hairpinning)

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes