cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

VPN unable to connect to servers.

Marta Megre
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, feel free to advise if not.

VPN stopped working overnight - it's working with mobile data but not with WiFi, doesn't matter the device I'm trying to use to connect (tried Android, macOS, Windows). I'm using NordVPN.

TalkTalk Service Centre says "It looks like your router software needs updating." I'm unable to update from my end. Would it be possible to deploy this update from your end?

If this doesn't fix the issue, I'll have to change the internet provider as this VPN is used for business reasons and I can't have these problems happening.

Cheers,

Giulio

Marta Megre
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Marta Megre

I'm glad to hear that your VPN is now working ok.

This firmware is not the latest version but this version resolves the VPN issue at the moment, this is why you are seeing this message in Service Centre.

Thanks

0 Likes

Marta Megre
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Schermata 2022-05-02 alle 10.50.05.png

Marta Megre
0 Likes

Marta Megre
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for taking interest in the case.

Our router rebooted itself around an hour ago, probably when the update was deployed.

However, the service centre is still showing an "It looks like your router software needs updating" message. I've attached to this message a screenshot that was just taken.

The VPN on the other hand is now able to connect to servers normally, which I believe was thanks to your intervention, so thank you very much for your help!

Schermata 2022-05-02 alle 10.42.19.png

Marta Megre
0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Marta Megre

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then it is likely that it has just done a firmware update overnight, and that is what is causing the problem. The support team here will be back on Tuesday and will be able to make some changes to your router settings to fix the issue.

Message 6 of 10

What I need is for my VPN to not be blocked by my Internet provider. Not that it is of your concern, but for clarification purposes, I need a VPN to work remotely for my company, and that's what I meant by "business reasons". Thanks for the link to the article.

Marta Megre
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Ways-of-contacting-us/ta-p/2230529#U2230529

If you need business levels of support, TT Home Broadband is not for you and actually precludes business use unless agreed in writing.

0 Likes

Marta Megre
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

No need for that tone - the other two posts were created by mistake, as a result of a lack of clarity around how to navigate this platform, as well as the difficulty in being able to find any contact details for support. I should say it's good an issue like this happened outside of working days, otherwise, I'd have gone straight to changing internet provider. Thank you for your interest and reply.

Marta Megre

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

@Marta Megre 

Your other two post have been tagged as duplicates to the mods.

Please wait for a reply HERE, there may be limited support until Tuesday due to the bank holiday, be patient and please DO NOT keep opening more topics on the same issue.

Thanks.