cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WORK VPN ACCESS BLOCKED

Banjo27
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi everyone,

Similar to this post: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Work-VPN-access-blocked-with-new-TalkTalk-fibre/td-p/28777...

and this: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/VPN-stopped-working-with-Sagemcom-SG4K100136/m-p/28803... 

Been using this PC and Router combination to access my companies VPN for a long time working from home. Seems to have stopped working in the last 4/5 days. VPN is standard profile through Windows. Other TalkTalk customers in my company seem to be having the same issue.

I connected my PC to my mobile phone's hotspot using mobile data and there was no issue accessing the VPN.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Hardware version: FAST5364 3.00
Software version: SG4K100136

It appears that a small change in the Firmware is required to re-allow VPN connections.

Thanks

Banjo

Banjo
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Banjo27

I'm so glad to hear that this is now working. I will feed this back.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Banjo27
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie,

All fixed thank you.

Could you please make the Telephone team aware of this fault as I spend ~30 minutes chatting to one of the operatives and he had no idea this was a problem and no idea how to fix it!

Thanks again

Banjo
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Banjo27

All updated 🙂 Please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Banjo27
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Ready to go right now Debbie.

Thanks for quick response.

Banjo

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Banjo27

Apologies for this. I will need to make a change to your firmware. When would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst the FW is being updated. This should take no longer than 15 minutes.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes