cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Work VPN Down again

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi.

I have a Sagemcom-FAST5364 which was updated yesterday, stopping my work VPN.

After over 3 hours on chat it was decided to send me a new box, which I've since discovered was unnecessary as Dixon wasn't aware of the ongoing issue with updates to this device.

I had another router of exactly the same model so we also said to put that in place, so at 6pm last night we did and I could connect to work.

Last night, despite being told updates would be disabled, the router was disabled and so work VPNs have once again stopped.

Could you please do the firmware update required to resolve this, as soon as you can. I cannot afford more lost time.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No problem, had me worried there for a bit 🙂

The firmware shouldn't be updated again to the current version, it should be excluded from the current roll out but it should still be updated when newer firmware versions are rolled out

Chris

0 Likes

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Sorry, it was Karl who updated it - he must have beat you to it. Thank you though.

0 Likes

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 8

The original post didn't get posted as I couldn't confirm my email address then when I confirmed a different one I think it posted both.

Chris  you did the update of the firmware and that's  why it's the one that works! Karl has confirmed it so I will update that log as well.

0 Likes

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Chris, you are a star, I am up and running again. Can you reassure me this won't be unfixed?

This information needs to be shared as I spend 3 and a half hours on a 'chat' yesterday before swapping routers to an old one which I was assured would  not be updated. This was subsequently updated this morning with the  bad firmware. I then, after posting here (I couldn't get the verification email to send so I assume it wasn't posting), I spent a further 2 hours on chat to a support person who said that the exact thing I could see being done by you, Debbie and Karl could not be done.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi JeffWG,

I've just checked and the firmware version that you currently have should work fine with VPN's, it's not the version that some customer experience problems with. Could you try switching your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest the VPN

Chris

0 Likes

JeffWG
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Yes, that will be fine

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi JeffWG,

I'm sorry about this, is it OK to do the firmware update now?

Chris

0 Likes