cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Work laptop won't work on the wifi

CharlesF
First Timer
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi, 

So for last week and a half, completely out of the blue, my work laptop has stopped working on my home wifi. My laptop still connects fine but whenever I try and load a web page it just times out. All of my other devices work on the wifi but my work laptop doesn't - it's strange because this problem only started last monday, completely out of the blue. 

I have spoken to my work IT people and have checked everything from their end, they even issued me with a new, newer model of laptop but it still doesn't work. I have some encryption on my laptop because of my job but I had no problems with this working with my wifi until suddenly out of the blue last monday. 

I need to be able to work from home and have had to go to the office to be able to use my laptop. 

I have read online and seen maybe this is a router issue?

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thank you, I've just replied now 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

I have started my own topic please reply to me there

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Shona,

I'm sorry to hear this. As advised, please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

@Shona8 

It is likely to be a VPN issue. Start your own topic and the support team will be happy to help. 

0 Likes

Shona8
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 13

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue it’s so frustrating. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Charles

Thanks for the Private Message.

The router is on its way and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 13

Hi Debbie, 

I can't seem to be able to send a private message - could you perhaps send me one which I could then apply to?

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Charles

I think we should send a different make and model of router.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the account holders name, I can then send the router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi, 

So I have asked the IT people at my office they have said that all internet traffic goes through a VPN and the VPN software is Zscaler. They have asked me to ask you whether a firmware update has taken place on the router? They think that could be responsible?

I have updated the details on my profile - My partner is the main account holder but I am named on the account and have all the login details. 

Thanks,

Charles

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi @CharlesF,

What model of router do you have ?

Does your work laptop enforce that all internet traffic goes via a VPN, if so, what VPN software is used (or does it use the built in Windows 10/11 VPN) ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

If you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub then try going to http://192.168.1.1/ to see what 'version' it shows near the bottom of the router login screen, if that shows SG4K100130 then that is a brand new version of firmware, so it is possible your router could have upgraded to that version on the day you started to get the problems, that version of firmware has caused some issues with VPN connectivity (hence my question above)

0 Likes

CharlesF
First Timer
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

My laptop works perfectly fine on all WiFi except my talk talk WiFi - I there is nothing wrong with my device, my work IT have done all the possible checks and it works fine. They tried giving me a new device but that doesn’t work.

I’ve tried to talk to Talktalk representatives but they insist it’s a fault of the device when it is not - I think I’m going to have  to leave talktalk which is annoying since I had no problems till a week and a half ago

can anyone help?

0 Likes