cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

passwordhelper.talktalk.net

Marie_Bon
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I recently switched to Talk Talk. This was due to go live a few days ago and I received my black talk talk router in the post. I connected the router as per the instructions and the indicator light lit up solid white. My devices can find the network fine however when I connect to it, I get taken to an authentication page but it says 'Failed to load  'PasswordHelper.TalkTalk.net'. I spoke to Talk Talk already and said it was an authentication issue on their end, however nothing was done about it. They then said that my line had not been activated yet (despite me receiving a confirmation email to say that it had been activated). I was told to wait until midnight, but of course it did not work. I still have no internet. Can something please be done?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Marie_Bon

Ok, please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit today.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Oh, I see. I would rather let an engineer do that, as I am expecting an engineer visit later today. I would not want to tamper with anything in case I get charged £50. I was told the issue was with the authentication of the router, then I was told that the line had not been activated, then I was told repairs had been don on the line.... I just hope that if the issue is on my end, it can get sorted soon, as it has now been almost a week that it has not worked. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Marie_Bon

No sorry. If you remove the faceplate by removing the two small screws this will reveal the test socket underneath.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Thanks for your response @Debbie-TalkTalk . Do you mean as such? (Pic)

16629727197236930081750807563082.jpg

Because that's what I've done before, as advised by agents. I have tried it again. The light is flashing amber.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Marie_Bon

Could you try this again please? Did you connect the microfilter first and then the router at the test socket?

Do you have a spare router? Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , it is currently connected like this:

20220907_180307.jpg

Do you mean I should connect it at the bottom part using the filter? I have tried that as advised by an agent but the router light never turned white (stayed amber).

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Marie_Bon

Would it be possible to remove the pre filtered face plate and connect the router directly at the test socket with a microfilter?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk. It is still not working (latest screenshot below). I have tried what you have said multiple times. I do not have a landline phone, so I have not connected anything to the bottom part of the pre-filtered socket. I had discussed this with an agent using online chat and they said that that was fine, and a landline is not required for the broadband to work. When agents ran tests on Friday, they said they detected 3 issues and that they sent those as a report to management, who would contact me that day. Management did not contact me. 

Screenshot_20220912-091307_CaptivePortalLogin.jpg

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. Just to confirm, is the voice service ok? Do you have a dial tone? Does the main socket have a test socket? Could you try powering the router for a full 30 minutes and then try connecting the router again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

I think I have updated it now. Is it showing as updated? Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 15

Hi @Marie_Bon hmm, sorry can't get it sorted for you earlier. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Marie_Bon
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 15

Thanks @Divsec. I have been in touch with several TT agents, have rebooted my router several times, and was given multiple explanations as to why my internet is not working. Still nothing. 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Marie_Bon your post has been escalated and you should hear Monday when the TT guys are back. Have you tried rebooting your router?

I'm going to move you earlier post to save you getting multiple answers. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes