Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't recover tiscali password

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I use my tiscali email address for most things, but have lost access to it after my husband, who has a linked address signed up for talktalk mail plus and paid the £50 for the year to keep using them.

I have tried to log in to webmail but can't remember the password and the reset link says it is sending an email (looks like to my husbands email address but only the last few letters are visible so it could be mine) but no email arrives.

Can someone help me try to reconnect and get this address included in my husband's five email addresses?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @CaGriffo 

Has your husband added your tiscali mailbox to his new MailPlus MyAccount?  He will need to know the tiscali mailbox password and he'll need a spare slot in the 5 available in MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

If, when you try to reset your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey you see only one option then that is a reset link sent to your mailbox and is just for routine password changes when you know the email password.

So that password is the key.

Did you previously use the TalkTalk Mail sign in via a browser like Chrome or Firefox and a saved login. If so then you can recover the password.

Or if you use an email client like Thunderbird or Apple Mail with keychain then you can recover the password.

Let me know if either of the above apply. But if not then I'll ask TalkTalk to set up new Reset details for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately it is a long time since I used anything other than my phone (a fairly old Samsung) to access the emails so no password is saved anywhere.  I think we probably do need TalkTalk to reset.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @CaGriffo 

It would be worth checking to make sure the mailbox is still active on the system. If not used for 6 months then mailboxes are flagged for deletion.

Please enter the email address at www.mailtester.com to see if that confirms the address is valid.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

It only stopped working a few days ago, so it should be still on the system but I will check.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have checked and it is valid

Community Star

Nice one.

A request was put into the TalkTalk team workflow at 10:33am so it's just a bit of a wait until a TT Staff member is available to action the request.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey,

We can get that sorted for you, ive sent you a private message if you could reply to that we'll get this sorted for you. 

Thanks

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.