Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email address

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I cannot login to my email account for 3 days 

no one can sort this out for me I have spent 5 hours on your phone help line still no results it seems someone has deleted my email address please help this is very urgent!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @charlie9

Only the customer can delete an email address but the email account may be suspended as a protective measure if suspicious activity has been detected by the system.

Do you get a bounceback error message if you send your email address an email from another account?

What error message do you get when logging in using webmail?

Have you tried the Reset your Password option.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If you are a TalkTalk Broadband customer, please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to Private notes and save changes.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community Team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

i have updated the private details

the login error says email not recognised

I cannot login to my account because the email username is not recognised by the system

produces error message something went wrong i have tried many times

this wont go through on my account or email

password reset does not complete either not helping at all

i am at a loss as to do next people are phoning me asking if my emails have been recieved which of course i dont know as i cannot login to any account

help please urgent now

it needs someone who can reinstate the accounts back to 3 days ago when this started

Highlighted
Community Star

OK. It's now 5pm on Friday so this will be actioned on Monday for you.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

I am not happy that this will take till monday, to try to sort a problem not of my making.

this will be 5 days of not being able to get to my account or email address,

I sincerley hope that someone can renable my access to my accounts, as not everyone has access to a recovery email, or mobile number, for resetting passwords or other methods of accounts recovery,

however I very much appreciate having a contact that can possibly help,

having tried to use the talktalkchat line and talktalk phone line which cannot help me with this, thanks in anticpation of a good outcome.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Thanks to you the problem is now sorted,uk sorted it out yesterday.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi charlie9

Thanks for confirming all is now ok. I saw on the other thread that Arne, Ady and Rob were all on the case.  You couldn't ask for a better team.

Enjoy your day.

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

thanks again 5 stars to everybody

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

That's great. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.