Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email issues and very nervous

ANSWERED
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
First Timer

Since 30 September I have been unable to receive emails in Outlook for my tiscali.co.uk email address, Outlook appears to be unable to access the incoming mail server according to the error message. I can very successfully use webmail but this is highly inconvenient and frankly featureless by comparison to an email client. My wife however who has a separate tiscali email address on the same account can access her emails using Outlook perfectly. Go figure! Live Chat tech support is next to useless, they follow a decision tree process all about webmail issues and when you finally come to the crux of the issue at the third time of telling them, that the issue is access via Outlook the response is, we don't support Outlook. 40 minutes of my life I will never get back. On wednesday I was promised an escalation call between 0800 and 1000 on Thursday to try and fix the Outlook issue but that never happened.

The tiscali email addresses my wife and I have had for over 20 years, starting out as gateway.co.uk addresses then migrating to tiscali, so you can only begin to imagine the trauma of having to change them! I ceased being a talkTalk customer some time ago as the broadband service was very unreliable and slow and I was able to get a better package elsewhere.

I am happy enough to sign up and pay for the Mail Plus service to continue the tiscali email addresses and service but am now extremely nervous of doing so given all the issues people seem to be having and especially so as I cannot access My Account as I don't have a TalkTalk landline any more (I have the number but it is not provided by TalkTalk).

The upshot is, I am looking for any help that I can get to fix the issue of accessing my tiscali email access using Outlook for starters. Once that is done I'll nervously try the Mail Plus registration.

Paul Wood
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi oldnavy77, have you tried removing the mail account from the client and then readding it? If not try that and use the settings for your mail domain from the email settings help article.  Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
First Timer

Awesome Ady, that worked a treat. I have marked this as best answer. Thank you so much.

Paul Wood
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.