Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Fraudulent Activity on Account

9 REPLIES 9
Denise18
Chatterbox

My email account has been accessed and the password changed.  Therefore I cannot access it and if I do a password re-set, the link does not come to my email address even though I select this as the email of choice.  All I receive is a Sign-in failed Your password has changed. Enter the new password notice.  I had an internet chat with someone at talktalk yesterday who suggested I contact them on my mobile this being the device I usually use to read my emails. I tried to do this but the site needed my password which obviously I haven't got.

As a recent victim of fraud it is important I access my emails as this is how I discover unusual activity on any accounts I have.  I am desperate to sort this out so would be grateful of any help to sort my account out and get back onto my emails.

Denise18
Chatterbox

Started a topic this morning about fraudulent activity and not being able to access my emails.  I cannot find this post despite searching the site so have no idea if anyone has responded to help me to sort the mess out.  Obviously cannot receive any emails due to problem I have.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Denise18 

What we need to do is verify you as the registered mail user, get your mailbox secure and then set up new password reset, Reset details so you can set a new password and access your mailbox once more.

I'll alert TalkTalk for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

A TalkTalk Community Team member prefixed with OCE_ will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to verify the registered email user details; so be prepared to provide on request to an OCE_ only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) your mobile contact number for the team to set up Reset details for you so you can reset and choose your own password.

When verified, the password will be changed and Reset details set up allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

But first, scan your email devices for viruses and malware to give you confidence that there's nothing capturing passwords. Then you can start updating your login passwords.

When you have changed the mailbox password:

Go to the main settings menu (triple line icon top right header or cog icon on the mobile browser).

Auto forward and Filter rules are via the main settings menu > Settings > select the arrow by Mail (or Email) in the side panel and then disable any unexpected Auto forward or Filter rule.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Denise18
Chatterbox

I have done what you asked so hopefully you will now be able to sort out my access to my emails

Thanks 

Gondola
Community Star

Thanks Denise

TalkTalk will respond asap.

Denise18
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

I appreciate you must be very busy but wonder how long it will be before you  can resolve the issue and get me back onto my emails. I am very worried someone else may be using imy email address against my knowledge or can you tell if someone else has access to it. 

Thanks 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Denise

The TalkTalk team numbers are reinforced to try and be more responsive to urgent matters like this. I'm expecting this to be picked up very soon.

Denise18
Chatterbox

Hi Gondola

I still have not heard from talktalk so would be grateful if you could bring this matter to their attention again please. I really need to be able to check my emails due to the situation I am in and is quite worrying for me the fact I cannot do this. 

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Denise18 

I'm only too aware that we haven't had TalkTalk support for email and webmail for well over a week now.

The UK support team that we can normally rely on for support during weekday office hours has been redeployed to help vulnerable and key workers remain connected to broadband and phone services. That team is now working 7 days a week from early morning to late evening.

I've twice requested attention for you on 1st and 3rd and I'll request again today 9th April.

StephenF
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey , 

Sorry for the delayed reply, we're doing our best in these unprecedented circumstances due to the Corona virus to answer everyone as quickly as possible. I'm going to send you a private message now, if you could reply to that answering the questions we'll get this sorted for you. 

thanks

stephen 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.