Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Losing mailbox

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Participant

I have received an email to say I will lose my mailbox on 4/4/2020 unless I sign up to Talk Talk Mail Plus.  I already have a broadband package and understand the mailbox should already be included.  I have tried setting up a Talk Talk online account using my phone number and account number from my bill, but it keeps saying it has sent an email to @ .  My email address does not seem to be connected to my broadband account.  My email address is a Tiscali.co.uk one.  Please help as I do not want to lose my email mailbox.

Thank you

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @c4r01 

TalkTalk Mail is free for TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customers.

If you're a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer you may be restricted to webmail access only after 60 days and the mailbox subject to deletion after 180 days unless you add the mailbox to your broadband MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

When did you receive the mail message from TalkTalk?  Seems a bit short notice to have only just received it.

Do you not have a MyAccount? You currently receive paper bills?  Or do you receive notifications from TalkTalk about your bills on another email address, other than the tiscali one?

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Participant

No I do not have an online account, I have tried setting one up using the Account Number but it keeps emailing a verification to "@" as my email address is not connected.

I currently receive bills by post.

I have received previous emails saying my mailbox will be deleted and so far have spent many hours trying to call.  I did get through to a call centre a few weeks ago but they couldn't help me and told me to set up an online account.  Now all the call centres are closed.

Why is this so difficult???

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi c4r01 

We need to get you registered with a broadband customer MyAccount or get you access to an existing MyAccount.  Not only will it save you £24 a year but it'll save you £50 a year that you'd otherwise have to pay for a TalkTalk MailPlus MyAccount.

Registering for Myaccount 

So long as you haven't previously been registered for MyAccount you will be able to register.

What I suggest you do is get yourself a Gmail account.  It's always useful to have a backup mail account for recovery and backup purposes.

Head over to My Account, and select the Register now link, you'll be asked to enter your email address, this is the new Gmail address then select Continue and follow the on screen instructions. Remember you'll need to have your TalkTalk telephone and your account number to hand to complete registration. 

If the registration is accepted then you've now got a MyAccount using the Gmail address as the Log in. So you can now add the TalkTalk mailbox.

Managing your email in My Account See the section Email not showing in My Account.

If you get an error at any point or need help then just say.

Highlighted
Participant

I have tried that but it won't accept my gmail account.

I did Register now, entered my Gmail account and it came up saying "Your email address is not recognised"

Any other suggestions??

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @c4r01 

The red error message is just a precaution to make sure the email address isn't pre-registered.

So, do it again.  This time when you see the error message select the bit at the end that says register your TalkTalk details to gain access to My Account.

Highlighted
Participant

Ok I have done that and I come back to the message Verify your identity..... Select how you'd like to receive the 6 digit code......

Send an email to:@

There is no option to put in my email address for the 6 digit code?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi c4r01 

Would you screenshot that page for me please.  I'll try and figure out what's expected.

Upload here using the Insert Photos (camera or picture) icon above this Reply area.

Highlighted
Participant

tickPlease enter the 6 digit code. Make sure you enter only 6 digits with no spaces or letters.
  1. Help us identify you
  2. Verification
  3. Register My Account
  4. Complete
Verify your identity
Great, we now need to verify your identity

Please check your email for the code

We've emailed the code to the email you've registered with us, please allow a few minutes for this to arrive. If you can't find it check your spam/junk folder.

The 6 digit code sent to my email @ is:

Please note you have 30 minutes and 5 attempts to enter your code correctly
Didn't receive a code? Resend code again
Highlighted
Participant

c4r01_0-1585861018026.png

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi c4r01 

OK. Looks good apart from the confusing 'email @'

Now if you registered the Gmail address, sign in to the Gmail account to pick up the verification code and then enter that code in the box.

Highlighted
Participant

I haven't received a verification code to my gmail account, I have checked spam too

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @c4r01 

After you entered the account number and landline telephone number were you then asked for an email address?

Highlighted
Participant

No

Highlighted
Participant

It looks like the system thinks my email address is @

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi c4r01 

I was just checking. The email address should be the gmail address you entered at the beginning of the process.

I'll alert the TalkTalk team as they'll need to set your MyAccount up for you.

They'll need your Gmail address and a mobile phone number for password recovery. Put those in your Community profile private notes.

Please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the MyAccount requirements with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate your registered TalkTalk details and reply here.

Highlighted
Participant

OK i have done that Thank you

Highlighted
Participant
Hi, is there any update on this? I do not want to lose my mailbox and the cut off date is tomorrow? Thank you
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi c4r01 

I wouldn't worry. I've been advised by the TalkTalk Mail expert that no mailboxes are being deleted during these Government special measures.

It is taking a while to get to all customers. You know we have to space these topics out every two metres and the new posts are way off in the distance so it just takes two days walk to get there.

See what I did there. Tried to get you to smile with a bit of topical humour. But the waiting time is two days or more because of workload. I am keeping an eye on the situation to make sure nobody is missed.

Take care. Stay safe.

Highlighted
Participant

Ok many thanks and thanks for your humour 🤣

I will wait to hear