Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Lost 3rd party access to TalkTalk email

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
First Timer

Since 13:15 today, my two Samsung android devices won't sync with my talktalk email. It appears this is happening to others so appears to be an issue with your servers. I'm paying for mail plus so issues like this are very frustrating, especially as I've sent an email via Gmail instantly and free!

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Marcus7 

I've moved your post to your own topic so we can give you individual attention.

Have you got all of your TalkTalk managed email addresses listed in the My Mailboxes area of your MailPlus MyAccount?

Whether you're a broadband customer or MailPlus (ex-customer) mail user it is important to have all your TalkTalk managed email addresses added to MyAccount.

Managing your email in My Account 

Let us know if you're unable to add mailboxes to MyAccount.

Are you on the monthly or annual Direct Debit option for MailPlus and was the last payment made successfully and on time?

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile recommended). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Have you got the gMail app on the 'phone?  Would you add one of the talktalk accounts as an IMAP personal account to the gMail app.

Add another account > Other > Enter the email address and password.

That would, if gMail sets it up correctly, verify if IMAP client access is working or not for you.

Manual settings are: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

I can verify it's not a TalkTalk server issue as I have IMAP client access via Thunderbird running in parallel with TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
First Timer

I only have one email,  which is listed on the webpage. Gmail is via a different app. I access talktalk emails via the standard email apps.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Marcus7 

Are you on the monthly or annual Direct Debit option for MailPlus and was the last payment made successfully and on time?  I'm asking because if a payment is missed then email app access is restricted until payment is made via your MyAccount.

You can set up additional mail accounts on the gMail app. I'm asking as part of the troubleshooting to see if the talktalk mail account works when set up as an IMAP account on another email app. You can remove the account when finished without any adverse effect.

Highlighted
First Timer

It's now syncing on my email app on both my phone and tablet (slosly), so it's clearly not an issue at my end. Why is it so difficult to contact talktalk? 

PS I'm on mail plus and paid for a year quite recently.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Marcus7 

Working now, are you saying?

Nice one. Good to know that the Gondola magic  works!