Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Not receiving emails from a particular sender

3 REPLIES 3
Stoker
Super Duper Contributor

I discovered this morning that I am not receiving emails sent to my TalkTalk account from a particular sender. I had to get them to send it to my iCloud account where it was successfully received.

I have added details of the email address of the sender to the private information of my profile and I would appreciate it if an OCE would refer this for investigation.

I have previously received emails to my TalkTalk account from this sender.

Community Team

Hi Stoker,

Apologies for the delay. Are you still not receiving email from this sender (don't know if you've tried again since the initial failure)?

Do you know if the sending is getting a bounce back email? Do you know if the sending is experiencing similar issues sending to anyone else?

Chris

Stoker
Super Duper Contributor

Hi Chris

No problems. 

The sender is a travel agent who would regularly send me details of upcoming trips one of which I did sign up for. I received a confirmation email from them in March but when it got near to the departure date I had to query with them why I had not received anything further about the trip. It was ony after a couple of failed attempts by them to send the information to my TalkTalk emails that I asked them to use an iCloud account which was immediately successful. I can only assume that the failed attempts did not result in any notification to them about the emails not being delivered. I have also noticed that I haven't received any other offers from them recently.

I vaguely remember something like this happening a few years ago when I didn't receive emails from a cousin in America and it turned out that their ISP had been blacklisted (or something like that).

Could this be the case with this sender. I have put the senders details into the personal message area in my profile.

Community Team

Hi Stoker, is the sender getting any bounce back messages from TalkTalk mail servers? I've reindexed and repaired both mailboxes for you.