Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Onetel intermittent.

113 REPLIES 113
rmgalley
Conversation Starter

For the last few hours login to Onetel using Mailwasher Pro/Thunderbird has been intermittent. Error: 'Server did not respond in a reasonable amount of time.

Unable to connect.'An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdException
Server did not respond in a reasonable amount of time. Unable to connect.

Please resolve.

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

Outgoing mails still appear to be OK.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @rmgalley 

I expect the onetel mail server is or was unusually busy. A short while ago we were seeing that the onetel mailzone wasn't responding but that is now back up and accessible.

The onetel mail servers appear to be up and running and responding normally as I write.

I've alerted the TalkTalk team so they're aware.

Gondola - Offline : No posts or PM's

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

Just to advise I have no access now (checks are routinely done every 5 minutes) and haven't had for the past half hour.

I first noticed no access mid afternoon. However I must have had access for a few seconds as your email timed 19:57 was found by Mailwasher but there is no access again now and I cannot download that message to Thunderbird.

drgwalker
Wizz Kid

Ditto - not alot coming through on my Onetel accounts using Outlook 10

Gondola
Community Star

...some messages are being received ok.

We both posted on Community at 19:57 so both received notifications sent out from Community at that time.

I'd hazard a guess that onetel mail is working but the servers are being overloaded with demands for access. I'm sure the TalkTalk team will be able to find out what the root cause is.

Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid

Same problem for me since some time this afternoon.

Connection to server times out when my email client tries to access my Onetel inbox. I'm suspicious there might have been an earlier failure to connect 24 -36hours I did not notice at the time. I suddenly and most unusually for me had a dozen emails, none junk, appear in the inbox yesterday despite having checked for new ones only a few hours previously.     

Not tried sending emails so can't comment on whether that is working or not.

My internet connection is otherwise as normal. 

lyppyl
Visitor

I still can't access my emails - error message 'took too long to respond'  

When is this service going to be working again?  

lyppyl
Visitor

IT's still not working

drgwalker
Wizz Kid

Still no incoming Onetel mail this morning 😞

Gondola
Community Star

Hi

There's an ongoing problem with OneTel email. The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the Service Status (Email) page. 

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

According to Service Status "Latest Update 1:05 pm 15th November - Our engineers have confirmed that the Pipex issue has been resolved and emails are being sent and received as expected. After work carried out on Onetel Mailzone, our engineers are seeing customers able to log in, they will continue to monitor before closing issue. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused".

However, access is still intermittent. I'm getting:

"An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdException
Server did not respond in a reasonable amount of time. Unable to connect."

or

"An error occurred.
Error Type: EIdConnClosedGracefully
Connection Closed Gracefully.".

The problem does not appear to be resolved and the team need to be informed they should not close the issue.

Community Team

Hi rmgalley, hopefully the engineers will have onetel mail service up and running soon. Please keep us updated with your progress. 

Ady

rmgalley
Conversation Starter

Onetel access still intermittent as of 16:40 - despite this message:

Latest Update 3:30 pm 15th November - Our engineers have confirmed that the Pipex issue has been resolved and emails are being sent and received as expected. After work carried out on Onetel Mailzone, our engineers are seeing customers able to log in, they will continue to monitor before closing issue. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

edward51
First Timer

Just an update at 16:42 - I was unable to receive emails through my onetel.com address since yesterday early evening. Emails were subsequently downloaded through POP3 (MS Outlook) at 14:42 today, but now I get an error message when trying to log on to mailzone ('Error connecting to mail server') or download messages to Outlook ('connection to the server was interrupted'). I appreciate the work your engineers are doing to sort this problem, but as of now I think it is not fully sorted and I hope they keep working on it.

SOMEBODY
Team Player

Hi

I have been able to login to my email addressess since yesterday morning. Whenever I tried I was eventually informed that the server had times out. The same outcome was repeated throughout this morning/afternoon.

It is now 9pm.

I have just been trying again and for the first time in 2 days was presented with the actual login page/box. I assumed, following reports of the Pipex issue fix that things were now sorted and that I would be able to login.

I was wrong.

Repeated attemps have, after long hangs, resulted in being informed either that my login details are incorrect (They are not. They are automatically filled in by my pc system, which bypassess any manual keyboard mistakes I might otherwise have made)

Or I am instead receiving the following message:

A fatal error has occurred

Call to undefined method stdClass::write()

Details have been logged for the administrator.

Things are definitely NOT fixed as far as I am concerned.

SOMEBODY
Team Player
The first couple of lines of my post ought to have read as ...

I have been unable to login to my email addressess since yesterday morning. Whenever I tried I was eventually informed that the server had timed out.
Cluster-Lizard
Wizz Kid

Still the same thing for me too.

I've been unable to access any of my emails via Thunderbird or by direct login to my Mailzone/ Horde account for at least 48 hours now.

Whatever the engineers have been doing has not fixed the problem.

Community Team

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and advised that the same error/issue is still happening. As soon as we receive an update back we will update our Service Status page ASAP.

Thanks

SOMEBODY
Team Player

Yes, my above prior posting, having read it back with fresh eyes, seems a little misleading.

The last time I had tried (successfully) to login to my email was early Wednesday evening. By my next occasion of logging in (Thursday morning) things had turned to crap. And that's how it has been ever since.

It is now 1pm on Saturday, so access for me has likewise been down for at least 50 hours now. And possibly several hours longer. Who knows..?!

Current attempts to sign in are once again being met the system notification I had (until yesterday evening) originally been receiving:

The connection has timed out

The server at mailzone.onetel.net.uk is taking too long to respond.