Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Pipex address not receiving emails at all this morning

5 REPLIES 5
Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Problems have been building up over the past few days in receiving emails at my Pipex address - they have been downloading slowly and some people have been telling me that their emails to me have been bouncing back. However this morning nothing is being received at all. I sent a test email to myself - nothing. However I sent an email to my Gmail address from my Pipex address and that was received immediately, so it seems to be a problem with receiving emails rather than sending them. This seems to be a recurrence of a problem we had about a year ago when a fix was applied and everything worked well for a time. Can an OCE take this up please?

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

Some emails are coming through now, though there are still intermittent delays and error messages, but I have received nothing sent between 8:30 p.m. yesterday and 10.30 a.m. today. Has anyone else had a similar problem? It may have been something to do with my mailbox being full.

Community Team

Hi Pianist2, how full is/was your inbox?

Pianist2
Conversation Starter

I had received a warning yesterday and I thought I had cleared out all the large attachments but I discovered after I had posted that there was a 4MB attachment still on one email. I think it was after I removed that that emails started to come through again. 

Pianist2
Conversation Starter
Following my reply below, I'm still getting some error messages - 'temporary authentication failure' .
Muddymedic
Wizz Kid

Hi @Pianist2 Concur.  Issues again with both Pipex Webmail and POP this evening as per 'usual' for this time of day.