would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Webmail folders empty

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
dee_barrelmaker
First Timer

Sometime after 20th February incoming mail was lost (Normally collected for me by Windows 10)

investigating some weeks later using webmail I found all my old email was gone and all folders were marked as zero. Talktalk messaging got me into Mail account settings and only the centre box was populated, under direction I filled the other boxes and I think this gave me back the "Compose" function so I could send but all incoming mail still failed. I found however the forwarding function and set the account to forward my incoming mail to a BT account I have, this worked so I no longer lose mail but although I set up to leave a copy with talktalk still all folders are empty.

Some help please!

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @dee_barrelmaker

First we need to see your Community membership verified so here's a note:

Moderator Note: dee_barrelmaker - To see your posts, please verify your Community Membership by clicking on the verification link in the community-notification email. If you've registered with an email address you cannot access then change the Community profile settings email to an alternate and please verify that.

The symptoms are either a mailbox corruption that TalkTalk support email expert can fix or your mail is being accessed, downloaded and deleted from the server by another email client.

The first protective measure to take is to change the email password. If the email is listed in your MyAccount (if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer) you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed there.  If it's not but there's space you can add additional email accounts with the Manage Existing Emails link in the list of emails so long as the email to be added is not already associated with another MyAccount.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address in the Private Notes box at the bottom of the page and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and the email account.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Community Team

Hi dee_barrelmaker, I've run a repair on your mailbox. Let me know if that clears the problem. If not I'll take a look at the account for you. There's a limit to how much I can do, but I'll do what I can. 

dee_barrelmaker
First Timer

Thanks for that OCE_Ady I now have inbox populated again and telling me there are 260 odd messages which enabled me to pick out the important missing ones between 20th Feb and me putting the forwarding on. So that is a great result many thank-you's for that. Trash and drafts folders now show the numbers therein but the "Sent" folder is still a zero despite having a couple of sends from earlier to-day, could this too perhaps be sorted?

Cheers 

Community Team

The repair runs on the whole mailbox and all folders. I've run it once more for you, but I doubt it will recover anymore mail?

dee_barrelmaker
First Timer

Thanks for that OCE_Ady, my mail box works and the folders are storing what they need to, just three of them don't record the number of contents, being stuck firmly showing a zero. No problem I can live with that. Thanks for your speedy help with this. 

Community Team

Only unread mail should show as a number in the mailbox. Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

dee_barrelmaker
First Timer
Thanks again for all that
Community Team

You're still and always welcome. If you need anything more please just ask.