Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

cannot login to mail

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I have been trying and asking for help with this for a year now, I cannot login to my email account,it says wrong password, all emails are sent to an account i cannot access ?.

How long does it take to sort out by your so called experts a year ? and still cant access account.

Wishing i had never joined this circus

Graham Davies
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Gr421 

Welcome to Community where we can, if your mailbox hasn't been deleted, recover access for you.  So I hope you haven't left it too long as mailboxes are flagged for deletion for non-use after 180 days.

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email and or mobile number can receive a password reset. If you try the TalkTalk - Webmail - Reset Password option and the reset only goes to the mailbox itself then you haven't set up password recovery Reset details.

As the self-help password change / recovery options aren't there I'll alert the TalkTalk Community team for you as they'll need to set up Reset details for you.

In the meantime, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

You'll get a reply here tomorrow from a TalkTalk OCE who will action the email recovery for you.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Gr421, please provide all of the following information:

• Email address affected
  • Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Mobile contact number
  • Phone number linked to the email address
  • Full postal address the email is linked to
  • alternate email address for password recovery

Thanks 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Done ty

Graham Davies
Highlighted

I've not had your personal message yet? Would you check that it's sent?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

pm sent

Graham Davies
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Did you get my pm

Graham Davies
Highlighted

Thanks for confirming security. I've reset the password and asked my colleague Francis to call you with your new password.

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I know you mean well but, you have changed the password to my main EMAIL address, The problem is about Can not login to MAIL not email.

Top of the page on the right is mail, i can not login to this

Graham Davies
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Graham

Top of the page is Mail and selecting that link will take you to the TalkTalk Mail sign in. Using an Internet browser, this Mail or Webmail sign in using your email address and its password will open your TalkTalk Mailbox for that email address. It's the same email address, same password and the same mailbox that an Email client or Email app will connect to to collect your Email messages.

Mail / Webmail or Email - there's only one mailbox for an email address.  Do you have more than one TalkTalk email address?

In your first post you said you couldn't login to your email account because the password was wrong. So, TalkTalk should have set up new Reset details to enable you to set a new email password by using the Forgotten your Password option. Try the option and if there's now an alternate email or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please reset the email password via link or code sent to the alternate email address or mobile reset options.

But when you say you cannot login please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail (click here). Tell us if there's still an error message using the new password and what it says.

Do you get a 'reloading' error message?  What Internet browser and version are you using? What Internet Security software are you using?  There's advice here about problems with signing in, error messages and compatibility.

Highlighted

Hi Gr421, I've obviously misunderstood.  My understanding of your post was that you needed your pipex password resetting, is that not what you wanted?

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox

no lol

Graham Davies
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi

@Gr421 wrote:I have been trying and asking for help with this for a year now, I cannot login to my email account,it says wrong password, all emails are sent to an account i cannot access ?.

Please explain but via Private Message only to OCE_Ady if it's not your pipex email account which email account do you need a password reset for that you've been asking for a year?

The sign in to Mail at the top of the page will not work for a pipex email account until you receive the upgrade to TalkTalk Mail for individual pipex mailboxes in the new year. 

Highlighted

Then could you add the email address affected to private notes in your community profile, so that I can help you.

Ady

Highlighted
Chatterbox

I think i will give this a miss thanks all the same

Graham Davies
Highlighted

That's entirely your prerogative, but without the email address I can't help you. As you've been trying for a year I would like to get this sorted for you then you can move on. 

Ady