email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account compromised - Any way of recovering deleted emails

SarsUk
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My account was compromised earlier today. I know this as I received a number of 2 factor authentication messages. I then logged into my webmail account and could see the password reset requests piling up. 

I managed to reset my password in the end (not very easy to do. Had to click "forgotten my password" and then hope to click the link in my account before the hacker did.

Anyway managed to secure my account again, but I noticed that the hacker must of realised and started to delete these emails from the account.

Is there any way what so ever of recovering these deleted emails?

Its not the actual emails I need, just the services that have now also been compromised?

I've tried to contact TalkTalk with no real luck as I am no longer an active subscriber. Live chat were just as useless.

I'm just seeking any help that may be available even if it is to confirm that nothing can be done

Many thanks in advance

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

It certainly is Liam. I've sent you a personal message once you reply I can get this sorted for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Thats disappointing. Thank you for looking into this for me. 

I am certain that on this account yes, i am rid of the hacker. 

I do need to log into the main account, but I am unable to reset the password on these accounts as the recovery details have not been set . The only option is to send to the actual email address that I cannot access.

I tried speaking tvia live chat yesterday but they didnt understand my issue, instead constantly telling me there was a problem with password resets.

Is this something you may be able to assist me with?

Thanks

Liam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

I'm afraid that you've been migrated onto the new platform and that means I've got no tools to access, repair or recover recent mails. 

Are you confident that you're rid of the hacker now?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Also FYI, I put a BCC rule onto the account after I had reset my password just in case you see that on the account

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk ,

When I first noticed the 2FA messages coming through to my phone I logged into my webmail. 

I could see the emails popping in. I tried to find a way to reset the account password and noticed the recovery email / phone number had been changed. I quickly changed these back, set a timeout on the account and then opened a new tab incognito and requested a new password. its was from this that I think I was able to lock down access. 

Whilst doing this the hacker still had access to my account so emails were deleted. I know this as I had seen the password resets emails coming through. I can remember some of what was requested but not all of them.

Any help you may be able to provide would be very much appreciated. 

Also I have populated the email address in my private notes

Thanks

Liam

I

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi SarsUk, please add the affected email address to private notes in your community profile. I just want to clarify something. When you'd changed the email password the hacker was still able to access your mail to delete mail? Is there a mail forward in place? Do you have up to date quality Anti Virus?

0 Likes