email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another one for the growing list

FloJo65
Chat Champion
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

I've also started experiencing mail server connection problems over the last 2-3 days on my iPhone and home pc (Thunderbird). Both working fine up until then. Been through the whole uninstall/reinstall thing (several times), making sure all settings are correct for the latest. Webmail is ok and also still seem able to send, but will not recognise the incoming server settings on my devices, with all sorts of messages popping up (doesnt recognise the server, doesnt recognise my password, and now today problems with certificate). Even got messages yesterday advising my mail settings were for an O2 server/setup (I'm not with O2). Wont be accessing for next couple of weeks so hopefully TT have it sorted for my return (pleased I dont rely on it as primary mail service!).

FloJo65

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

So, just a lookup on the iPad and somehow mistaking that you'd want smtp.O2.co.uk for talktalk ?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

..... by your command, o'master .........

IMG_2213.PNG

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 23 of 25

Hi both

What's the O2 server message.  That seems more than slightly unusual and as though the server requests were being wrongly directed?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 24 of 25

As you suggest @FloJo65, the list increases, exponentially, and it is looking like any amount of 'jiggling with settings' is not going to effect a solution, this time! 

Fortunately, I am also in a position where I do not rely on TalkTalk mail as my primary mail service. 

[Incidentally, I also experienced the O2 message, yesterday, on a iPad.]

0 Likes