cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can only send emails via Webmail

JaneMacnaughtan
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I left TalkTalk about 18 months ago but have continued to use my talktalk email, which I understood I could continue using for free for two years after ending my talktalk contract.

In the last couple of days, I'm having trouble sending emails (I use Postbox). Sometimes I get an error message saying I've sent too many emails. Today, I'm being asked for my password but my usual password is not being accepted.  This is the case for my PC and mobile.

However, I am able to send emails using Talktalk webmail.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Jane

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi JaneMacnaughtan 

The fact that you can sign in to use TalkTalk Mail webmail to send and receive mail is good. Proves the mailbox is working.

My understanding is that two years of continued access after leaving TalkTalk or ceasing a Mail Plus subscription is for webmail only access prior to mailbox deletion after the two years. The Help content on cancelling your TalkTalk service (Mail Plus) explains more.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

So before diving in to sort out the issues with Postbox or the email sending errors I think we need to establish whether you wish to become a MailPlus subscriber to have full access to the mailbox or if it was always your intention to have the mailbox deleted after two years anyway.

If we do move on to sorting out the sending errors can you tell me what the error code was? TT and then three digits. e.g. TT501 or TT502 or some other code.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution