cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Can't send mail from iPhone

Mark1962
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Does anybody else have a problem sending email from their iPhone?

I can send perfectly well from my computer and all my settings are correct, but neither my wife nor I (two different onetel accounts) are able to send from our iPhones. We're not in the UK, which may be the problem, but incoming email is OK and Outlook on our PC's works fine.

Help from anyone would be very much appreciated

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

If you're using outgoing authentication with the onetel email address as Username and onetel email password then that would be good.

However sending from an overseas network can still trigger rate limiting or a stop on sending as a spam protection measure. If you have a VPN available then make sure that is set to use a UK host server. Otherwise try webmail to see if that sends without error.

If you have a Gmail address then that's usually ok because of the global spread of mail servers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola!

Server Port is 587, and yes, I'm using smtp.talktalk.net with SSL.

I was actually having this problem before with the old legacy settings, but expected it to have been resolved with the new smtp, but it hasn't changed anything...

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

What is the outgoing server port setting on the iPhone?

Have you updated the iPhone server settings to use the talktalk.net host names in place of the legacy onetel host name?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes