cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot Access or send E-Mails

Knobbytaxtest
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have updated the new server addresses to incoming & outgoing settings on my Mailwasher and Outlook 2007 programs, but the error message is 'Your e-mail server has rejected your login'.  Are my security settings out of date, some exchanges with a tech chap from TalkTalk on here suggests that some app and e-mail progs maybe not upto standard.  But it has to be said, not a great deal of point on having an e-mail provider that does not provide. Any pointers???    

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Knobbytaxtest, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Hi Knobbytaxtest, please follow the advice from Gondola. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Outlook 2007 does not support secure mail. Do not use that product any more to connect to your TalkTalk mailbox or the mailbox will be permanently locked to webmail only.

Mailwasher version 7 provides support for TLS 1.2 so which version of Mailwasher are you using? I can give you the setup for Version 7 and TalkTalk Mail secure mail for either POP3 or IMAP.

TalkTalk is happy to provide you with secure mail. But you need to be able to use it.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution