cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to receive emails in Outlook after 17 February

BobJackson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have 3 email addresses on Microsoft 365 Outlook Windows 11

On one of these (account VS) I changed the settings prior to 17 February and this has continued to work.  For settings see first two screenshots

On the other two I didn't make the changes, thinking that I could make them afterwards

When I try to put in the same settings I've used for VS, I get a message "Something went wrong"

Any suggestions please?

vs pop setting.pngvs pop setting outgoing.pngoutlook something went wrong.png
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Brigi, can you confirm that you're now using the secure settings in a TLS1.2 compatible mail client?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Gondola

I am having the same issues as Bob adding an email to Outlook. Wemail works.

Please can you add me email address to the list.

Thanks

Brigi

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi BobJackson, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full access.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

BobJackson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

I have now put the two addresses that need access restored into my Community Profile Personal Information Private Notes box.  Thank you 

Message 5 of 10

Yes please, put the two addresses that need access restored into your Community Profile Personal Information Private Notes box and save changes.

I'll put a request in to the TalkTalk workflow and TalkTalk Support will respond here next week.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BobJackson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks for your speedy reply "Gondola"

Yes I received the 17 February notifications to the 2 accounts that I can no longer access

I changed the other one back in September last year.

I can access all 3 accounts via Webmail

My settings on the 2 failing accounts match the one that is working and match your table of settings.

Are you saying that Talktalk Support should now be able to reset access?  Do they need to know the two failing addresses?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Were you sent the notification emails giving the 17 February date for webmail only access to both of the current 'non-working' email accounts? All 3 mail accounts got the message to stop using insecure settings but you only changed one to secure settings?

Can you access all 3 via webmail?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in. You'll need to sign out of the first to sign in for the second and so on. This is just to make sure you know the individual passwords and that webmail is still working for both send and receive.

Outlook 365 supports secure mail andto update go via the Advanced setup settings of an email profile, as in this example for Windows 10 or 11.

• Select the  Windows icon bottom left
  • Select the  Settings cog icon
  • Select Accounts
  • Select  Email & Accounts and for a first time setup select Add Account and enter the settings in the table
  • Or select the email account
  • Select Change account or double click on the email account

At that point on your device you ought to see the Outlook setup to enter the TalkTalk Mail server settings: NB All talktalk domains use the exact same secure settings.

Supported Outlook 365 settings are:

Account Type  POP3 secure
Username Full TalkTalk email address
Password TalkTalk email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (POP3) 995
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password (Not SPA)

However, the account will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk restore full access.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BobJackson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

... and Webmail still works

0 Likes

BobJackson
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Sorry, forgot to say, I can still send messages from all three email accounts, it's just that 2 accounts won't receive messages

0 Likes