cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot Get Mail - No Password

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I’m having the same problems as a number of other users. I thought I’d done everything needed to update my settings. But received talktalk’s email saying I hadn’t done it and now I can’t access emails via the  app. I can access using webmail. Please can I have access fully restored on my app? 

I’m using iphone12  and iOS 16.3.1 also iPad Pro 3rd generation iOS 16.3.1.  

Copy of screenshots showing Incoming and Outgoing settings attached. 

Thank you.

F8E2B1F7-F42E-437C-8EF5-C1A46AA56772.jpeg7A7B0B8D-FFA2-46BE-8C64-B248EEEE66FE.jpegD260D95D-ECCB-4B31-9EE4-54AA02E8D34B.jpeg
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Good to confirm your secure settings and even better to see you back in action.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

I’m now back up and running on the app. Thank you so much to Gondola and Ady for assisting. I really appreciate it and I’m so happy this has been resolved. Thank you. 

Message 3 of 12

You're very welcome.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

That’s fab. Thanks so much Ady. 

Message 5 of 12

Hi GP2110, I've added your mailbox to the list to be restored.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Thank you very much for all your kind assistance. I’ve updated my profile and I’ll keep an eye out for Talktalk’s response.  Many thanks. 

Message 7 of 12

I've pushed a request to TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and full access will follow on from that, usually within 24 hours.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the devices will authenticate a connection. Continue to use TalkTalk Mail via webmail until IMAP/POP3 access is restored.

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Both my iPhone and iPad now have the correct settings. I don’t use the email app on any other devices - I only access webmail on my laptop.  I think when I reviewed the settings a few days ago I had to change something. But as you’ve now confirmed that the settings are now correct can I have access to the email app reinstated? Many thanks for all your help. 

Message 9 of 12

The settings are perfect. Assuming both devices are the same then was it one of those devices that required your latest update i.e. two weeks ago one or both had incorrect settings that you've now corrected?

The reason for asking is that if both devices have had correct and secure settings for some time then what device did TalkTalk log as connecting with insecure settings?

Any mail collection service, other iPhone, other iPad, desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet? All must use secure settings.

GP2110
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I received that email. I must not have updated the settings correctly, which was quite a while ago. But after getting the latest email I attempted to update the settings yesterday. 

I’ve attached the screen shot for the outgoing server settings. 

thank you for your help. 

B8F0E9C9-68D5-4578-91DE-78A2DF56CF0E.jpeg
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

So, you would have got the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this, from 17th February you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software".

I don't see the outgoing server settings in your screenshots?

Assuming those are as expected, when did you update the settings?  If you updated more than two weeks ago then what other device or mail collection service do you have that would have recently connected to your mailbox using insecure settings?