email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access Tiscali emails

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 15

Hi. Getting this message :

Unable to send or receive messages for the Tiscali.co (xxxxxxx) account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it ? Is it a more widespread problem ?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Thanks all for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

I'll take that as an assurance that the domains and their servers are still being cared for. As a matter of interest webmail was not available during this incident. In addition I quite often get errors from other nodes blacklisting these servers (Tiscali.co.uk). 

Thanks for getting things sorted for the time being.

David W
0 Likes

rautospoon
Whizz Kid
Message 3 of 15

Cheers Ade. Now working fine again.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Mine is back, thank you Ady.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Thanks for that. It is back again. Do let me know how seriously TT takes the maintenance of this domain and it’s servers. Seems to me that this happens all too often. The consequence is my emails are not seen until well after they should have been answered 😞 

David W
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 15

I've just been advised that the service should be back up and running normally. Please retest and let me know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

I've just been advised that the service should be back up and running normally. Please retest and let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 15

Hi Bagpuize, if we wanted to turn off mail it would be far easier and much much much cheaper to just do it. I'm not sure what's caused this issue yet, but webmail is working normally sit's not the mail servers. Hopefully the team will have everything back up and running soon. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 15

I'm hoping it won't be too long before it's sorted. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

This is the fourth or fifth time this year that the Tiscali servers have gone down. Can someone please reassure us that TalkTalk are committed to maintaining this service. Seems to me that this may be a war of attrition to get us to stop using it!

David W
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

I am glad I am not the only one having problems, was just about to raise it and saw the posts. Thanks for the quick response Andy. Looking forward to normal service resuming.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi rautospoon, an incident has been raised for this. You should see the service status change shortly. I know the engineers are working on this now. 

davidl1
Whizz Kid
Message 14 of 15

Seems to be a common problem today I am the same using web mail at the mo hope its sorted soon 

David
0 Likes