email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send emails from Android devices

js1234
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

I can receive but not send emails from my Android tablet and phone.  I can send and receive them from my Windows laptop ok. When I first set up email on both Android devices it worked ok but stopped working without me changing any settings. Customer services said it might be due to using an email app (although it used to work) Both devices stopped working at the same time. He suggested some changes in the outgoing settings but then it could not connect to the server so I had to change them back.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10
I set up the account in the GMail app on my phone, and that seems to work. I can't find any information about what the generic Email app is.
So: for the original poster - have you tried setting up your account in the GMail app?

Message 2 of 10
Oops, just spotted the typo in the server name: it is actuallly smtp.talktalk.net on my phone settings: that's not the problem!
0 Likes

peteispo
Team Player
Message 3 of 10

I'm finding the same thing - the settings in my Android email app are exactly what is given in the TalkTalk email settings help document, but my phone won't send email - the message just sits in the Outbox.

Server: smtp.takltalk.net

Port: 578

Security type: STARTTLS (Accept all certificates)

Require Sign-in: checked (then my username and password are set)

The same settings work fine from Thunderbird on my PC...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Your mailbox is less than 3% used. I'd suggest that it's more likely the settings than anything else. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Thanks. The information you directed me to mentioned that my inbox may be full. Could this cause this problem? What is the maximum number of emails which can be stored on the server?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Ok I'd suggest you use the more up to date settings that you can find in the Email Settings Help Article.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

I am able to send them using webmail but not the Android email app.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi, the email domain is talktalk.net. 

incomingsettings, server: imap.talktalk.net, security: STARTTLS, Port: 143.

Outgoing, SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net, security: none, port: 587

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi js1234, what settings are you using? What mail domain is your email address?

0 Likes