cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot send or receive emails through my tiscali address

ArkRoyal
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

For the last 5 days or so I have been unable to either receive or send emails using my tiscali.co.uk address within my OE Classic email client. I have used this email client for many years without such a problem and have not altered any properties etc. to provoke this. Notably I can still receive OK within the OE Classic emails redirected from my spare but little used gmail address. Where possible I have had to go into the TalkTalk webmail portal in order to both read and send emails. However, today for the second time as happened last week I cannot sign into the portal because it rejects my password as being incorrect when I know it is correct, having rechecked and too since it is remembered by my laptop. Tried this a multitude of times now in both browsers - Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge - with no joy.

Tried speaking to TalkTalk directly last week but they were totally unable to assist me after two calls lasting one and a half hours...

Herewith the error messages I receive:

[WARNING] - A warning occurred. Account: "pop3.tiscali.co.uk", Protocol: "POP", Task: POP get all messages, Server: "pop.tiscali.co.uk", Port: 995, TLS: Yes (1.2), Error message: "Authentication failed. You may have entered incorrect username and password. Open Account Properties and make a correction. Server error: Login (failed). C: USER ------@tiscali.co.uk; R: +OK; C: PASS ***; R: -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed." For more details look in "Log" tab - error messages are marked in red color.
[ERROR] - An error occurred. Account: "pop3.tiscali.co.uk", Protocol: "SMTP", Task: SMTP send all messages, Server: "smtp.tiscali.co.uk", Port: 587, TLS: No (1.2), Error message: "Authentication failed. You may have entered incorrect username and password. Open Account Properties and make a correction. Login (failed). C: {PasswordOrCredentials}; R: 535 5.7.0 zfPwqdSt7tfZZ Authentication Credentials Invalid (TT300)" For more details look in "Log" tab - error messages are marked in red color.

I know perfectly well from an email TalkTalk sent me last week (read in the portal) that much is being done to change their webmail experience for the better supposedly - strongly suspecting that it is precisely that which has meanwhile messed up my legacy tiscali address authentication.

Can you help me please? Would it help to send you the connection log for my gmail? Really not happy with all this given we also have an internet connection which keeps dropping out and still not been resolved by TalkTalk months later.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

ArkRoyal
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Ady, 

For the record my email settings were correct plus no one at TalkTalk on phoning them more than once said that I needed to use new email settings. Strange in itself given the changes that have been made but that seems to be how TT operate these days.

I decided to change my tiscali mail password and see if that simple solution worked, changing it also within OE Classic properties. Instant success and has remained so past few days 🙂 Just hope problem does not return for some odd reason and that TT finally sort out my bad internet connection which is no longer stable and been that way for months now...

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi ArkRoyal, you're not using the new correct and only email settings now accepted. You may find your classic mail client doesn't support the necessary security settings meaning you'll need to find another there are several excellent free ones.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes