cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cant access email with Outlook 2019

vivax14
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Im using Outlook 2019 to access emails, but I am now getting an error saying "We couldnt log on to the incoming (IMAP) server. Please check your email address and password and try again".

Both email address and password are correct. I have been over the settings numerous times and all appears to be correct.

Is there something on the web email that I need to change?

Email worked perfect until about a week ago.

9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Mark, the mailboxes should be restored today. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

Hi Ady,

One of the email addresses is now working, but the two remaining ones in my profile are still coming up with the error 'We couldnt log on to the IMAP server'

Please could you update these two?

Thanks

Regards

Mark

Message 3 of 10

Hi Mark, I've added your mailboxes to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

vivax14
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Ady,

Thanks for your reply.

I use Outlook 2019 to access my emails on my PC, but then I also use IOS email.

I have deleted my accounts on all devices at the minute, thinking that once you have reactivated them, they will be easier to set up.

Sorry its taken so long to reply. This menu system isnt the easiest thing to get around.

Regards

Mark

Message 5 of 10

Hi vivax14, have you now changed your mail settings to the correct secure settings? 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

I note you first posted on 21 February but only got around to verifying your Community membership on 26 March after making three more posts that I've merged together into this one topic now that all four posts have been published today.

In the last 5 weeks I assume you've been using TalkTalk Mail webmail access. If you previously saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings..." then the email address receiving that notification was limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of email connections not secured by TLS 1.2 encryption.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design when using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in. Check that you can compose and send and receive mail sent to the same mailbox address.

If your mailbox is limited to webmail only access for both sending and receiving mail, you will be able to get access restored to email apps or email software, including mail collection services, passwords will then re-authenticate, so long as you're ready to use supported email software and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails.

We can advise on device and software compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

Outlook 2019 is capable of secure mail. Do you use any other email software or mail collection service?

For a definitive check of email settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored as soon as reasonably possible.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

vivax14
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

I have changed all your settings and need my email reactivated.

vivax14
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

My email accounts need to be reactivated.  Please can the support people do this?

vivax14
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Spent 4hrs today trying to get my email working on outlook. That also includes over 1hr 45mins going round and round with the so called technical support!!

I give up!!!

Time to leave TalkTalk me thinks