cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cant sign on to email with my samsung email app from my Andriod deviced.

ollingd
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 27 of 27

Since June 13th I have not been able to acccess email from all of my three samsung andriod devices.

Message is, user and password not valid.

I am able to access tiscali via web mail.

I am a Talktalk email plus user.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

I'm pleased you're back in action although the admin aspects for MailPlus subscribers need to be much improved for self help.

I appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

My experience with Customer Billing Dept. has not been a good one.

More to the point, HELP pages keep guiding you to log in to MY Account, which is very frustrating when you know you can't.

As the mail access problem is fixed I am finished. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 27

Hi ollingd, we've had the issues with MyAccount for several years and we've no estimated fix time for it. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 27

@Linda79, please start your own thread, as you are posting at the end of another customer's topic. It can create confusion in replies. 

Please go back to the message board and click on Start a Topic. 

Also add your account number  / Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. Put your details in here and save changes. 

At the end of that section, add your daughter's details in Private Notes. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Linda79
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 27

My Daughter is having the same problem. She has unfortunately forgotten the  password for her mail She requested a change of password and a code was sent to her email. (Usually it is sent to her phone) which is ridiculous as she can’t access mail without the password. I spent an hour and a half on Saturday talking to an agent but could get nowhere. In the end she put in an official complaint for me. But as yet l have not been contacted. It’s very frustrating, she has important mail she has to reply to. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

The lack of access to MyAccount is a long standing issue for MailPlus customers and due to the process for security protections applied to MyAccount.

But in practice you don't need access to MyAccount at all as there are ways to achieve all that's currently possible via a MyAccount via Customer Service Billing or the Data Protection team.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi Gondola , email access fixed after 5 weeks.  Now how do we get access to MY ACCOUNT fixed. I seem to pay £50 a year for a second rate service.

Thanks for all your help.

Message 8 of 27

Ady, it is now working properly and I can access my inbox from my phone after a month without the service. 

Now is anyone going to fix the fact I can't log in to MY ACCOUNT, as so much of the support directs me to that route.

Message 9 of 27

I chased this again and am informed that it was limited but has been restored back to full service. Please let me know if you need anything else. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 27

I no longer have access to the information about mailboxes limted or not. I have to wait for a email admins to confirm the information. 

Ady

Message 11 of 27

Ady doesn't seem to have confirmed that all is back to normal for your mailbox so I'll push a reminder into his workflow.

Just in case the Android settings aren't up to date please take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the picture icon above this reply area. I'll check those out for you.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

Still can't access my email from my samsung andriod phone.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Thanks Gondola. The chat line just doesn't seem to get it. Also I lose them and just don't seem to be able to get back.

Message 14 of 27

Payment to the MailPlus subscription account should have alerted the billing system to release the restriction to webmail only access. I'll push an escalation into the TalkTalk workflow to request a check of your mailbox status and MailPlus MyAccount status.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Ady,

I paid my bill by direct tranfer on 4th July, but still can't access email via the mail app. Can you check if the account is now OK, please.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

Tosh from TalkTalk. Preferences are for marketing and user tips about the service. Essential service notifications should always be sent to your registered email and or mobile or by letter.

Your bank is correct. I'd expect the Direct Debit is still active but set for a date 2 - 3 weeks after the annual MailPlus renewal. This has happened to several customers and is entirely due to TalkTalk not setting up the DD for the start anniversary of the MailPlus subscription. Keep an eye on your bank account to see if the DD is taken by the billing system. Have you got the date for the previous DD take?

Message 17 of 27

Ady, I am a MailPlus user, can't log in to MY Account.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Hi Gondola, I asked billing support why I had not received an email telling me my bill was outstanding and this was the reply 'I understand you; the reason you are not emailed about this is because your preferences for contact are disallowed or no preferences have been chosen'

I have also contacted my bank and they told me the only reason to not action the DD was lack of funds, I had plenty.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

This exact same situation that I described has happened to other customers and it's most definitely a TalkTalk failure to synchronise the MailPlus subscription and the billing Direct Debit. Other customers have had TalkTalk recognise and accept this fail and have been given a £50 credit.

I have no idea what the billing agent means by "your preferences were wrong". Do they mean the Direct Debit was set up for one payment only and not a recurring annual payment?

I'm not aware that the customer has any involvement in setting up the Direct Debit for MailPlus. Do you recall what happened and what confirmation(s) you received by email or in the post?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

Thanks for your help Gondola. I had a 'chat' with talktalk billing and their response was 'not our fault' check with your bank. I have now paid by bank transfer  so lets see if that fixes it. Why didn't someone tell me the DD failed, I asked. Response: your preferences were wrong!!

Another frustration is that no one I 'chat' with will give me an email to contact them directly.

0 Likes