cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cant sign on to email with my samsung email app from my Andriod deviced.

ollingd
Participant
Private Message
Message 27 of 27

Since June 13th I have not been able to acccess email from all of my three samsung andriod devices.

Message is, user and password not valid.

I am able to access tiscali via web mail.

I am a Talktalk email plus user.

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 21 of 27

Hi ollingd, if you want me to check your account for you. Please reply to my personal message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

There's a long-standing unfixed issue that prevents MailPlus customers signing in to the MailPlus MyAccount.

The probable reason for TalkTalk not taking the Direct Debit (DD) is that the MailPlus system set up the DD renewal date later than the annual anniversary of commencement of the MailPlus subscription.

You'll need to contact TalkTalk Billing agents to check the status of the DD and ask for payment to be credited in order to relax the restriction on the mailbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Of course you seem to be right. TalkTalk failed to collect my direct debit for what ever reason and then failed to tell me why they were restricting access. 

Also, every route you take goes to 'Sign on to MY ACCOUNT' which as a Mail plus subscriber I do not have access to. So I can't see any status or settings.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

OK, that suggests that your devices are set up for secure connections to the mailbox so no reason for being restricted to webmail only access.

The other factor that would trigger a restriction is failure of the MailPlus subscription. Are you on the £5 per month or £50 a year option and have you checked your bank statement to see if the subscription has been taken by Direct Debit?

0 Likes

ollingd
Participant
Private Message
Message 25 of 27

I am using the set up as specified in the Talktalk email dated 6th sept 2022.  imap 993 and smpt 587.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 27

If any of the Android devices have been using insecure settings then TalkTalk may have limited your mailbox to webmail.

For example, using port 143 or 110 for incoming email - these are the insecure ports.

TalkTalk would reset your mailbox when you're definitely using secure settings.

0 Likes