cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send talktalk emails from Samsung device

Laura141
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am unable to send emails from my talktalk account via my Samsung phone when not connected directly to my home talktalk broadband (i.e. when on mobile data or any other wifi network). I have checked my settings against those talktalk mandate and all are correct.

Please advise.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

I couldn't see the authentication setting in the screenshot but otherwise, if you're sending from the TalkTalk Mail account that is authenticated with its own full email address as Username and the sending email password then that should be authenticated as the settings that I can see you have are good.

TT608 means that there are multiple logins to your mailbox from geographically distanced locations.  So, my diagnosis of multiple connections from geographically distanced access points is confirmed from the error code. This is the reason for the sender denied error.

Now the worst case scenario is that your email password has been discovered and an unauthorised device is connecting to your mailbox. I asked if you would disconnect all devices that are connected so if you have done that then the next steps are as follows:

Scan your devices to remove any password capturing virus, trojan or other malware. Then upgrade the password. I recommend 12 - 15 characters, multicase letters, numbers and at least one symbol.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Then sign in via webmail using the new password.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Select via the cog icon (desktop browser) the All settings top menu item, select Security in the left pane and note all devices that are connected and Sign out all devices. If using a mobile browser, select the triple lines Menu icon, then the Settings cog icon and the Security link to then show Your devices. Sign out from all devices.

You'll have now secured your email account and should be able to send via webmail without an error message. Let us know how you get on or if you need further advice for any troubleshooting steps.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Laura141
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Screenshot_20240128_132617_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20240128_133235_WhatsApp.jpg

Tried 2 different email apps with the settings as shown in the attached pictures. Neither allow me to send emails. When sending via Web browser I get the following message (TT608).

Screenshot_20240128_133915_WhatsApp.jpg

Not connected via any VPNs.

Same thing happens with 2 different email addresses connected to same talktalk account. Neither can send on respective phones.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Do you receive an error message when trying to send via mobile data or another wi-fi network? If so what is that error message and TT error code? That will help to explain what's happening.

Have you connected the Samsung phone to mobile data and used the Internet browser to check you can access your mailbox via webmail? That's the first check.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

The next checks are to make sure there is no other connection to your mailbox. So disconnect all devices connecting to your mailbox before testing with the Samsung mobile data connection.  The mail system may decline a connection if thought to be suspicious. i.e. multiple connections from geographically distanced access points. A home broadband connection and a UK mobile connection would normally be accepted but possibly not if a VPN overseas host server is being used for one of the connections.

Next is to make sure the Samsung isn't connecting via a VPN, perhaps as part of its Internet security. Temporarily disable a VPN and if using a VPN connection make sure that a UK host server is selected.  If an overseas host server is detected then this may flag us as suspicious and the connection declined. A UK VPN host server would normally be good but not if that VPN has been detected as sending spam from other shared users.

Finally double check the Samsung outgoing server settings, take a screenshot, image edit to obscure the first part of your talktalk email address and upload here using the picture icon above this Reply area. I'll take a look and advise further.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes