email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citywire Subscribed Emails Blocked? Add Citywire to TT Whitelist?

jfeat
Participant
Message 5 of 5

I subscribed to emails from Citywire months ago. At the end of May the emails stopped arriving. A few days ago I logged in to my Citywire account to check that I was still down as a subscriber. I was. I contacted Citywire to ask why my emails had ceased.

Citywire IT Support replied:

I have removed your suppression and now you should start receiving emails. Sometimes talktalk will block our emails due to the links embedded or the content however if you can ask them to whitelist our sender address (noreply@listserve.citywire.co.uk) this should stop happening.

Who do I need to contact to achieve this?

Thanks

jfeat

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted jfeat.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Gondola, Citywire emails now back on song. I have copied Citywire in on your advice.

Regards

jfeat

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi jfeat, Gondola will help you get this sorted or at least help you understand what's happening. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi jfeat 

TalkTalk don't whitelist senders. 

From their response it's clear that their mail was bounced back to them and they suppressed the sending of future mailings. 

If we knew the error message that accompanies the bounce back (a code and description and a TT 3 digit number) it would help to identify the cause for the incoming server rejecting the mail. 

Fully authenticated mail sent only to active mailboxes of signed up recipients like you is most likely not to be rejected or deferred for spam scanning.

But they agree the content of the mail can look like spam. So that's an own goal if that happens. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution