email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL LEGACY

JTD2infiniti
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

Please could someone tell me if I'm missing something:

When viewing my mail email account in TalkTalk, there are only 24 messages available to see in my Inbox. If I scroll to the bottom of the page, that's it. There's no refresh to be able to view previous messages.

I added another email account and that seems to work fine, so I can view back hundreds of email ago.

I cannot see any setting to let me enable past emails to be viewable. Is there a setting or is this a glitch?

John Durose
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi JTD2infiniti, you've not had any filters or forwards set up have you?  If the mail is gone unfortunately it won't be recoverable as we don't offer backups. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm afraid not, is the answer.

My main account emails date back to 15/11/2020 and there's nothing before that. I haven't used another mail client with that account and I don't have any Archive folders.

John Durose
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi JTD2infiniti, please let us know if Gondola's helped you sort the problem.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 6

Hi John

Did the advice given yesterday help you to see the oldest mail message in the Inbox?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @JTD2infiniti 

The List display of mail messages is loaded in blocks so when scrolling down you'll possibly need to wait momentarily to see the next block loaded so you can scroll down through that block.

Make sure the Sort by function top right of the List view is set to Date and Descending to see the most recent message at the top of the list.  To see the oldest message in the Inbox at the top of the list change the Sort by to Date and Ascending.

If you're finding that there are in fact no older mail messages in the Inbox then either they've been deleted or Archived. Archive the Inbox will create a year by year archive for mail messages older than 90 days.  You'll see Archive folders in the left side panel Folder view immediately below the standard folders.

The most usual reason for mail messages being deleted is that a new POP3 mail client has connected to the mailbox and downloaded all messages but deleted messages older than a preset period as set in the app. For example, a standard Outlook setting would be to download all mail messages and delete mail messages older than two weeks.

You may get a clue by seeing the date of the oldest mail message in the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution