cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access disabled

Liz1963!
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

Hi, I have had the same message and now cannot access my account from Thunderbird, despite having updated the settings a while ago. Just remembered today that my phone email settings had not been updated, this has now just been done. How do I get access reinstated? Thanks.

Mrs Liz Harvey
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I've moved the images to your hidden folder to protect your security.

The Thunderbird settings are spot on. If you have the Android IMAP secure settings ready then they'll be authenticated when the email app can connect to the mailbox which will be next week.

I'll request that full access is restored and you'll receive a response from TalkTalk Support next week.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Private Message

Message 2 of 4

Here are screenshots from Thunderbird. However I've found that the phone (Android) will not accept the new server settings, just get a message saying couldn't verify account.

Moderator note:  images hidden.

Mrs Liz Harvey
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

All devices must use email software configured with secure settings for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

If you wish to have positive confirmation that both Thunderbird on your computer and the mail app on your phone are completely up to date then take screenshots of the incoming and SMTP outgoing mail server settings, image edit and then upload here using the camera icon (desktop browser) or picture icon (mobile browser) and I'll check for you.

Are there any other devices that might have access to your mailbox?

I can then request full access be restored. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes