cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not permitting access after changing security settings

Marjory60
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I was too late in changing my email app security settings, now when I try to set up my email account on my iPad and iPhone I just get a message “TalkTalk password not entered”.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Marjory60, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Stfish75, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Marjory60 

Both devices are capable of secure mail. The iPhone is ready with secure access settings for your mailbox.

I've pushed a request to TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and full access will follow on from that, usually within 24 hours.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the devices will authenticate a connection. Continue to use TalkTalk Mail via webmail until IMAP/POP3 access is restored.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Marjory60
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi

The two device I use for email are an iPhone with software 15.7.3 and an iPad with software 12.5.7. My husband uses the iPad also and has no issues. No other devices used to access email.

Here are the screen shots of my iPhone settings

80E6EF00-C4A1-42BA-8833-B181804F1317.jpeg7F4A3B8A-4026-4C57-AF34-804DC2B0B84D.jpeg1440292C-0B7D-4EA5-BE9B-BC8F9C6791A7.jpeg

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Hi Marjory60 

You'll be able to stay in touch using TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

The continued use of insecure settings in email software / email apps has resulted in your mailbox being restricted to webmail only access. If you are now using secure settings and devices then those devices will not authenticate the password or connection (password not recognised) until TalkTalk restore full access.

Please confirm the operating systems on the iPhone and iPad so we can check compatibility for secure mail. And tell us if you use any other methods/devices/software to access your mailbox.

Take screenshots of incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address, upload here using the picture icon above this reply area. I'll check for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution