email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working in TalkTalk webmail

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 39 of 39

For two weeks now I have received no email via the webmail server, is anyone else having problems?

I have phoned support on numerous occasions, and am told there is an issue with the new platform. And they will update me this coming Thursday 4/04 it really is not good enough, no mail since 22/23rd of March.

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Thanks for letting us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 39

Hi Ady,

And they call it progress, could probably been sorted two weeks ago!

Anyway once again, many thanks for your time and patience, from one thankful old geezer.

I reckon the issue can be closed now. 

RG1947

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Hi RG1947, it's great to see that you're sorted. This is a very very common cause of mail problems. We used to be able to check it with our tools on the old platform, sadly we have no tools for the new platform. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 39

Hi Gondola,

Unfortunately I was asked to disable all filters by the case manager, she said it was easily done by clicking ONE button, but it wasn’t visible on my screen, so for ease we agreed to delete the whole lot, and of course this was easily done by hitting the trash icon. So I didn’t see what each particular rule consisted of.

Anyway, I can only assume it must have been the last one, otherwise the block would have kicked in earlier.

Edit: With regard to spoof mail using my email as part of the senders details, how would that affect it if I mark as “spam” ?

Don't think I’ll be using filters again in an hurry.

Regards

RG1947

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi @RG1947 

I'm just pleased that you've found the root cause.

If you have identified a specific filter configuration that was causing the issue then do please let us know. 

Your email address being blocked and email dropped without notification to the sender would do it. For example, Block a scam email. Easy. But if that email was spoofing your email address it may not be immediately obvious that your email address may be one of the tested conditions for blocking.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 39

Hi OCE_Ady,

Update latest,

Seems like I have to eat a slice of humble pie, the case manager rang this afternoon, apparently Germany had seen on my account several “filter rules” and had requested the case manager to request removal/disable of same, to see if any one of them was creating the blockage. After I removed them the case manager sent a test email that duly arrived.

Strangely enough, I did a little exercise a couple of days ago, and disabled ALL the filters I had in the settings section, but no email came through, albeit I didn’t send a test message at that time, but no other mail arrived, so I assumed that any backlogged mail was not getting through, and reset the filters.

After the case managers test mail arrived, I asked what would have happened to the backlog? She suggested that they would have bounced back to the senders. But whenever I or my friend have sent tests they have never “bounced” so I’m a little sceptical on that one.

So it seems as it’s bye bye backlogged mail. 

Unfortunately the filter system doesn’t show the date they are set, so I can’t say for definite whether the last filter was set around the time my inbound mail started to fail.

So in summary, my problem of not receiving inbound mail, appears to have been self afflicted, but in my defence however, one of the filters I had set (got to have been the last one) has had the effect of BLOCKING ALL MAIL which is a quite frightening, and the filter system seems to be a little suspect.

Also in acknowledgment to Gondola, he suggested very early on that there maybe an issue with the filters. It also begs the question as to why didn’t the Manchester team manage to spot this possibility?

Anyway, hopefully the problem is sorted, and I would like to thank yourself and Gondola for your time and patience.

Regards

RG1947

Message 7 of 39

I'm sorry, hopefully you'll have some thumbs left when your mail starts working again.

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 39

Thanks for the explanation.

Back to twiddling my thumbs then. Although they are twiddled to death. Lol.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Let's start with what's my fault. SLA is service level agreement meaning what response we receive and in what timescale. 

In terms of are you the only one having problems no is the answer. That said to qualify as an incident there'd have to be a group of 10 or more customers with the exact same issue arising at the same time. 

I'm told that we've not had anything back from the team yet, but they have confirmed it's being investigated.

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 39

Thanks for your response, am I the only one suffering from this issue?

Seems strange! 

Whats an SLA?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

I've sent a chaser for you. The problem we have is for one off issues there's no specific SLA so we have to chase and wait for response.

0 Likes

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 39

Hi OCE_Ady,

Sorry to have to let you know, but I have had no contact from TalkTalk since last week, and I am still stuck in limbo without incoming email. I know it’s early in the day, when you wanted to know if I had heard back from them, but it may give you more time to chase them up.

It really is a pain in the neck being unable to get mail.

I can’t believe it has taken so long, and still be unresolved.

Regards RG1947

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Dragonlady1, I've raised the fault ticket to get password recovery setup for you. Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 39

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

I've passed the fault ticket over to our support team and asked them to direct it to the Email Admins to get this sorted for you. Please chase on Tuesday if you've not heard back by then. 

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 39

Hi OCE_Ady

Anything you can do to get this issue resolved would be greatly appreciated, I have lost all faith in the case management team, it seems as though my problem has just become deskbound somewhere since the 27th March.

It's astounding that this issue has taken so long, to achieve NOTHING.

And the problems it is causing me are becoming very frustrating, and demoralising.

I also asked the young lady who rang this morning to process an official complaint, what good that will do I don't know.

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Would you like me to pick this back up for you and make sure it's being worked by the Email admins. Frontline can't test your mail access on the new account we have no access to your email account. We can only see that it exists. If you are want me to I'll pass this back to 3rd line with confirmation of the tests you've done so that it can be passed over to mail hosts.

RG1947
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 39

Latest update:

Just now 11;40 had a callback from case management, you wouldn't believe it, they have just had another go to see if I receive a test email from them, which failed!!!!!

Since having access to my account, why weren't they carrying out these simple checks themselves?

I enquired as to what has been going on since the 27th March when I gave them authority to access my account, and all I got was they need to escalate the issue to Germany. Seems nothing has been done since then.

The young lady has now arranged a callback for NEXT THURSDAY 11th April.

What a complete Farce.

Without access to my email I can't access my HMRC tax account, (they need to send an email confirmation code) I can't receive holiday e'tickets, it's an absolute travesty of a service.

Message 19 of 39

In that case we'll leave you in the capable hands of the case management team. If you need anything else please just give us a shout. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Hi,

I am logging on through the new platform, as arrived at via the TalkTalk website, then the link at the top of the page MAIL.

I have been on the new platform for quite some time, whereas my friend who had issues over the weekend of 23/24 march was seemingly put onto the new platform after myself.

I have just this minute had an online chat with the tech guys, to check what time my callback is booked for today from the case management team, confirmed as 1400 - 1600 today.

The inbox on my account (two minutes ago) is still showing the last message received as 22/03/19

Edit: The case management team, were given authorisation on the 27/03 to access my account, so they should see exactly the same as I do.

0 Likes