cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email on iphone error message no password provided

TopCat1997
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 11 of 11

Hi there, I am also having the same problem with my iphone - I have updated all the settings, but no luck with the emails coming through or out at all. How do I get help?

Catherine Topley
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

And like magic - 🙂 

MANY THANKS - i had been struggling with this for weeks and can't thank you enough

Catherine Topley

Message 2 of 11

It should already be working. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

TopCat1997
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 11

Thats great, do you know how long that takes? Will I get a notification to go on and try again or will it just magically start working - that would be nice 🙂 

Catherine Topley

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Hi TopCat1997, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 11

Excellent - I have done that now. Sorry, its not the clearest to me. 

I really appreciate your support. 

Catherine

Catherine Topley

Message 6 of 11

The place for the email address to have access restored is in your Community Profile, Personal Information.

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down the page to Private notes, enter the address, clearly marked as the one requiring full access, and then Save changes.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 11

Hi sorry, no thats not the right email address; I don't know how to share it in private notes - I appreciate the authorisation to reinstate this, but how do I make sure you have the right email. 

Catherine Topley
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

If the laptops access the mailbox via up to date Internet browsers then that access is secure by design. Just needing the email address and password to sign in to the mailbox. No extra settings required. 

The iPhone is capable of supporting secure mail but now that access has been withdrawn it'll need TalkTalk Support to restore IMAP access, for the email address you have put into Private notes, before the iPhone will authenticate a connection to the mailbox. A request to restore full access for that address has been made.

TalkTalk Support will reply here.

Message 9 of 11

Hi there, thanks for coming back to me; 

Yes I can get my emails on the laptops I use - they are all working fine; 

its only the iphone that the emails wont come through any more. I have an iphone XR and its on IOS version 16.3; I have updated the settings on the iphone as per the instructions, but it doesnt work at all. 

Catherine Topley
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

Hi TopCat1997 

TalkTalk Support will be alerted. It's likely that your mailbox has been limited to webmail only access because there have been connections to the mailbox using insecure settings. It's important that all connections use secure mail settings.

Other than the iPhone (guide added below) are there any other ways you see your emails? Other phone, tablet, notebook, desktop or mail collection service? We need to know device, operating system, email software version etc to be able to advise you fully. Start with the iPhone details.

Check you can access the mailbox via webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone