cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email operation long delay in receiving and webmail not showing anything until hours later

RAMac
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Over the last few days I have not been receivng eails on one of my accounts until many hours late and usually they are arriving in batches all at once and the following day. Having checked with webmail - the messages are not shown there either although on an old mobile telephone (used only for the alarm function and with no sim) they appear almost immediately which is why I discovered the problem late last night. I do not think that there is a similar issue with my other account.

Having recently loaded Thunderbird to use only on a laptop (see my previous post about emails not working properly with MS office Outlook 2010) could this be causing a problem with TalkTalk?. To sum up - my webmail is not working properly and I cannot see why. Surprisingly I was able to log into "community" as the email with the secure access code came through almost immediately. I am sure that there must be a problem somewhere with TalkTalk but am unable to identify anywhere to find out. As webmail is not showing emails that I have received on my old mobile phone it suggests that it is something rather unusual. Perhaps Gondola can check through this and note that I am not a totally sophisticated user but have checked as logically and systematically as possible.   

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

@RAMac, don't PM staff unless they ask you to first - and emails won't work. You cannot reply to them.

Staff will follow up after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

RAMac
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Follow up and I could not get a reply to Ady (not sure how this system works as it would not let me!).

Anyway, the problem persists in that emails to one of my accounts (the main one) are not getting through except perhaps in batches many hours or possibly a day late.

I have proved the problem now a couple of times as I have taken screen dumps and copied them to a Word file that clearly shows the state of my inbox and also the webmail page where at the top left on "inbox" there are items shown and at present 9 of them but no indication of what they are or how to look at them. None of the items making up the number of "missing" emails is shown on webmail either.  

TalkTalk must be holding on these emails and only releasing them at some odd time or under some setting?

Please re-check your settings as there is definitely something wrong.

I would like to have been able to speak to a technician or somebody working for TalkTalk but how do I do this as all the help features seem to just go round and back to the same part of the TalkTalk screens.   

Please note that I am not being awkward but need to get this latest problem resolved.

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

@RAMac, yes, the emails you receive are for notification purposes only.

Always post back in the topic thread (unless asked to Private Message by staff).

Staff will be back here during the day tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 4 of 6

Ady, I have replied using email but have noticed that you have sent from a No-reply address. So I am copying my two replies as below. Apologies for any confusion.

Looking for ward to more assistance.

FIrst reply.

Hello Ady,

Thank you for the response.

Just for the record - I did not know that you had replied until I saw on my old mobile phone that there was a new email. When I checked webmail it was not there but appeared a little later.

Your email to me has still not appeared on my MS Office 2016 outlook account.

I have checked on the laptop (thunderbird) and your email is showing there.

In addition to my email problems, I am finding that that there is also a problem with wifi (I use an ethernet cable to my desktop as a long time ago I had problems with wireless on that PC and using the cable was not a problem and so I continued with it).

My TV set (Sony) in the last two or three days is telling me that I am not connected and also my son who visited yesterday was unable to connect his mobile to our internet. Despite re-setting the TV using the router password it is still not connected.

I believe that from the TalkTalk site when I was running some checks, that another TV (or possibly two of them) are not connecting to the internet either.

Hard to believe that the items are related but perhaps??????

Just a few days ago, because of the outlook 2010 problem (refer back t my previous post)  I downloaded Thunderbird for use on my wife's laptop and had trouble setting this up with her password. I ended up changing her TALKTALK email password from My Account and basically changed it to the same password as before. Could this be a factor affecting my own email address and access? 

I would say that I have done as much checking etc. as possible and there is definitely a problem somewhere and possibly more than one?

I may be wrong but my other email account "********@talktalk.net does not seem to be affected and I am using internet quite a lot using Google Chrome and have not noticed any problems.

Is there anything going on with TalkTalk at the moment that could cause such problems for me?

Apologies for a lengthy message but I definitely need help!!!!!

Thanks,

Ron Macdonald 

Second reply

Ady,

This email just received on my MS office 2016 account – a very long time after it was sent by you and you will notice that I replied a few minutes ago and at that time there was no sign of your email in my inbox.

Another bit of a mystery?

Ron Macdonald

EDIT I've removed your email address from the post to prevent your email being abused.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi RAMac, I've run checks on your mailbox settings and on mail incoming and outgoing. There's nothing there that could cause delays in mail sending and receiving. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes