email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problem

Agriffy
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

For almost 24 hours I have been unable to send emails. However, I continue to receive emails without problems. This problem affects my smartphone, laptop and also webmail accounts. I have a @dsl.pipex.com account. Any suggestions how I can rectify this or is this part of the on going maintenance? TY

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Agriffy,

Welcome to the Community, if you do need any further assistance please let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

I'll get a coffee and await your return.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 15

Thank you, Gondola. I am waiting for a call back from TalkTalk technical, which hopefully will get the problem solved.... I'll post again when I can update further. Your efforts are much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

You'll need to post screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings (minus the first part of your email address) so I can see if there's any recommendations for the setup.

Authentication is usually by normal password.

What about setting up on the laptop a new email account for the primary email address?  What email app or software are you using there?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

I have tried to do that but still get the same authentication error message...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

Can you set up on your 'phone a new email account for the primary mailbox?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks, Gondola. You are correct in what you describe. I can follow the link and login using my primary email address. I can also send an email. However, on my smartphone I cannot change the account to the primary email address - I get a message saying Couldn't verify account. Server does not support verification.... 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

Ah, that was just setting up password recovery Reset details using your mobile as the password recovery option ready for when you get the upgrade to TalkTalk Mail.

You say you used the primary email address.  So, I take it that you have a primary email address allocated originally by pipex and for day to day emailing you use an alias email address that you created to link to the primary mailbox.

I wonder if that's where the issue is?  To explain: When TalkTalk create a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform it will be for the primary email address. You'll sign in to the mailbox using the primary email address and password. Mail for the alias will be recognised and delivered to the primary mailbox.

So, whilst waiting for the upgrade to happen, can you sign in to your primary mailbox via pipex webmail and see if that then does authenticate your sending of mail. https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php

If that works, try changing your sending email address and password to the primary mailbox for sending via the phone / laptop. i.e. get the required sending authentication via the primary email address and password.

Message 9 of 15

Hi Gondola, for backup I entered as per instructions, my primary email address, first and last names, mobile number. I clicked the link and received a message saying backup was successful....

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

To recap:

• Receiving mail to your dsl.pipex webmail and email apps is ok
  • You cannot send mail from the Pipex webmail sign in to your mailbox
  • You can send mail from the Homecall webmail sign in to your mailbox
  • You cannot send mail from phone or laptop after carrying out instructions to backup your mail and contacts

It's not a situation I've come across that sending from your mailbox is apparently dependent on whether you sign in to the secure pipex webmail or the insecure homecall webmail. In theory it's the same mailbox and therefore ought to be the same SMTP server outgoing. Strange.

Moving on to the instructions you carried out. Backing up mail and contacts and calendar should have no impact upon sending mail. But the fact that the sending problem arose then could indicate that something happened.

Please copy here the instructions you followed and if that backup went ok or not and let us know if you made any other changes.

Message 11 of 15

Hi Gondola, TY for your comments. I get redirected to the old home call site when I click on the link. From there I can send emails but still no joy if I try from my smartphone or laptop.... Is the upgrade process the problem? I created a backup yesterday as per the email instructions and since then have had the problems...

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Agriffy 

Looks like there's an issue with the outgoing SMTP server.

Is your pipex mailbox upgraded to the TalkTalk Mail platform yet?

If you get signed in ok, let us know. If you get redirected out to the homecall webmail sign in then you're not yet upgraded.

Just to say that if you have recently received the first in a sequence of 3 mail messages from TalkTalk about the upgrade then it's usually 2 weeks in advance of the upgrade happening.

Message 13 of 15

Hi, message says: There was a problem connecting to the server. Your email will be sent as soon as the connection is restored.

TY

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi @Agriffy 

What error message do you see when trying to send a mail message via the pipex sign in: https://netmail.pipex.net/index-ttb.php