cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email problems

oldun1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

always been able to access Email in about 15 secs, now its taking 2-3 mins.anyone got any ideas how to get it back to normal time again please, thanks

P.S im 80 years young so simple solution appreciated. not too technical. Cheers

Dave

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

If the delay is consistent for two different browsers then that suggests there's something else causing a hold up. That could be because your computer is running slow either because there's updating of software in progress or because security software is scanning for threats or in a worst case scenario because malware is slowing things down.

So, the actions I usually take in such a case are to check my security software is up to date and carry out a scan for malware and viruses and if all looks ok to temporarily disable the security software whilst accessing emails just to see if that software is holding things up.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Hi Gondola,

normal browser is Firefox,but just tried Edge and response time is the same so i guess i'll just have to be a little more patient,

thanks for all your advice, much appreciated,

Dave

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I'm not able to replicate any significant delays in authenticating the mailbox so this may suggest that your browser needs a reset. Or you could just try a different browser to compare the performance. What's your normal browser?

Message 4 of 10

Hi Gondola

have received new update to Email page today, but time to open page from clicking bookmark has gone from as i said

earlier from appr. 15 secs to around 2 mins, no problems accessing individual emails just talktalk page itself,maybe i'll

just have to be patient

Dave

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi oldun1 

My friend Divsec is right that there is the migration of email mailboxes to a new mail platform that doesn't normally require any action on your part but there can be some minor delays accessing individual emails in the lead up to migration.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Just to confirm from here that I have noticed some delays accessing individual emails in unmigrated mailboxes. It would be useful to know if your mailbox has already been migrated? It'll have a new look and a Search bar top centre. 

But do correct me if I've misunderstood what you mean by 2 - 3 minute delays in accessing email.

Message 6 of 10

thanks Divsec, will take a break and see what happens,

Dave

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for that info Dave, it might be worthwhile clearing the cache on your browser, chrome or microsoft or whatever browser you use. But before you do hold your breath for 10 minutes or more as my good friend @Gondola has taken an interest and he is far more experienced than I am and I'm sure he will have a better solution. 😄👍

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 8 of 10

have always used talktalk mail link with no problems,this issue started about 2 weeks ago and continues to date

Dave

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Hi @oldun1 how do you normally access email? Do you use an app like Outlook or the talktalk mail link? How long has this been happening. Sorry for the 20 questions but...

Finally I'm aware of some upgrading work going on which might be the classic 1 step back to leap 2 forward, eventually. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.